"Ohhh I see. Yeah. We may or may not have seen her. It depends on how much you are willing to do... you get me?"

"Money?" Karim asked them.
Why didn't they say that from the beginning.
He took his wallet and opened it up.

"How much?" Karim wondered.

He didn't have a thousand in his wallet at the moment. Because he'd paid for the dinner and the cab fare to send Zaira and Samia home so he was roughly around 600-700 thereabout.

"How much you gonna give us?" One prompted.

"Three hundred?" Karim asked.

Everyone's eyes widened in shock and Karim could tell he had gone too high. But three hundred was nothing right?

He heard one of the boys mumble something.
'How come we took 60 bucks from the girl?"

The boy who seemed to be the leader gave off a cool smile.

"Naaa 400. 400 or we ain't telling you one..."

"Sure 400." Karim nodded.

He had his card so if anything he could withdraw from an atm later on.

He took out the money and handed it to them.

"Well boys. Tell him what we know."

The one riding around him began first.

"We did see the Islam girl."

"Muslim?" Karim corrected.

"Whatever. She wanted information just like you."

"On what?" Karim asked.

Another boy started to speak lowly.

"About very bad things."

"What things?"

"Where the...stuff...is made."

Karim understood. She wanted to know where the drugs where being made in order to find the people involved.

"Did you show her?"

"Well no one knows the main place. Could be anywhere in town."

"But. We know a distributor who can tell you the place."

"Where's he?"

"She. She lives 5 blocks down this road. Small house. You won't miss it. Now. You never saw any of us here. You never spoke to us too."

"Sure. Thanks."

"Good luck. You gonna need it." The boys snickered and rode off.
None of them looked older than 15 and yet they were bargaining for money for information. The world today.

Karim walked straight towards the house and stopped one house before the house he was looking for. Why did it feel like he was going down the same road Basmah went. It was getting late now. The whole area was dark except a few streetlights brightening the place up.