It's time to chase your dreams

August 2020, Daegu

Jin is at home with Rei, pushing the little girl on the swing when Taehyung comes running out to the backyard. 

"Jinnie, they loved me, they want to sign me?" "Oh my god, Hyung that is so awesome." They hug,  "so when are you going to talk to mom?" "I don't know, maybe we should have her over for dinner. maybe with Smooch and Jimin there she wont get hella angry." "Ok, maybe this weekend." "The guy I talked too was really cool, he let me listen to some of his tracks and he is an amazing rapper, him and his brother own the studio." "I'm so happy for you Tae Tae-Hyung, you are going to become a big star and move away, we will miss you so much." They hugged, "You know I would never be far away from you for to long, I would be miserable." "Come on, lets go make dinner." 

"Jin-Hyung, where is Tae Tae-Hyung?" "Probably on the phone, he's been calling people letting them he got signed with a record company." "He did, good for him. Hey Hyung, Jin just told me the good news", Jimin says to Tae as he comes downstairs. "Yea I was just on the phone with Yoongi-Hyung and he was telling me..." "Who?" Jin asked. "Yoongi - Hyung, why?" "What's his last name, Hyung?" " Ahhhhh! Oh, Jeon, him and his brother own the company." "Jeon? what's his brother name?" "Oh, I dont think he told me, why Jinnie, whats up?" "You sure it was Jeon?" "Positive, are you going to tell me why all the questions." "Jungkook's brothers are record producers/rappers, when I met Jungkook they were going back and forth between Korea and the US a lot, so I never got to meet them." "But I know their names were Yoongi and Namjoon, but their last name was Gan, not Jeon." "You dont think, could it be", Jimin asked. "I can ask Yoongi-hyung when he gets back, he is headed back to the US for business." 

Later that night Jin was sitting in his room thinking about Jungkook's brothers, trying to remember if he's ever seen a picture or if Jungkook ever described them. But nothing is coming to mind, its amazing how much they both left their families out of their lives, Jin's mom made that easy enough with her dislike of Jungkook and his parents. Jin's brothers knew Jungkook, they got along really well, but Kook-ah's brothers were always out of town or busy so they never got meet. 

Flashback

December 2017, (Jin and Jk were both 23)

"Kook-ah, tell me about your family, will I ever get to meet them?" "Not much to tell, my brothers are great, but they are always busy with work and they live in the US most of the time." "What do they do?" "They have their own music studio, one here and one in the US, they produce, write, and perform, they are rappers." "Wow, thats amazing, now I see why you are so talented, runs in the family." "My parents are just normal dull parents, they live in Busan still." "Its my mom and step dad, my real dad left us when I was 12, and we don't see him anymore." "Is your step dad good to you and your mom and brothers?" "Oh yea he is more of a dad to us then the sperm donor, we have talked about changing our last name to his, out of respect for him." 'What would your new name be?" "Jeon Jungkook."

Jin's eyes went wide, Holy shit, it cant be. Its to much of a coincidence not to be. No wonder the investigator couldn't find him, he isn't a Gan anymore, he is a Jeon.  

The next day:

Jin is at work filling out paperwork in his office when his phone rings, "Hello, Hey Hyung. Yea, Ill be right there." He hung up and went to see Taehyung in the lab. 

"Jin, I was going through some old paperwork and I found something really weird." This document states that our lab created this drug, one time, one dose." "The doctor who created it was let go 2 years ago and has since disappeared, I wanted to ask him what this was all about, but when I reached out to him, his family told me he hasn't been seen since 2018." "What is the drug used for?" "According to the ingredients listed, its a mixture of Phenobarbital and Benzodiazepine", Tae said confused. "That is quite a potent mix Hyung, one is for Epileptic seizures and one is for extreme anxiety, why would we create such a thing, and only one dose?" "Does it say what it was used for?" "No, this paper was supposed to be destroyed, Jin I found it among the papers having to do with Dad's cancer research, I think mom had people working on a new drug and ended up doing some illegal shit along the way and wanted these papers destroyed." "So Hyung what happens when you mix those two drugs together?" "It has many side effects Jin, some being liver damage, psychosis, brain damage and even memory loss." "Why Hyung, why make only one dose, and where is it?"