Chapter 25: Secrets

Recap:"o-okay." I sniffed. He then laid back an I laid my head on his chest, cuddling into his side...

***

I'm sitting in my room with my knees to my chest on my bed thinking about our talk earlier and it got me thinking about if we were to break up and ended up deep in my thoughts. Think about all the downs in my life. I've never really told anyone this but my mother had miscarriage a year again and is still struggling to get the remains out of her body and of she doesn't soon it could lead to very bad infections which could lead to cancer if she doesn't have it already. She texted me she's going to the doctor because she really wasn't feeling well, and since she texted me it's put alot on my mind. What if she has cancer? What if she doesn't survive it? Could she die? What would happen to our family if she does? What about dad?

And then there's my dad. He's weeks away from a heart attack. And if he gets one while im not there and doesn't survive that? Then I'm left with a mother who possibly has cancer. What if both of them die? Where would I go? Foster care? What if Harvey and I get separated? I'd never survive without him! And I wouldn't be able to see Quinton. And with all of this over thinking comes, you know what? Anxiety. I have a really bad anxiety disorder that I've never really told any one. By anxiety disorder I mean I get panic attacks like 5 times daily. I also have asthma. Which alot of people know about obviously I just don't bring it up alot.

"yoh Harper look at this video! It's so funny." Quinton said walking into the room. I snapped out of just staring at myself in the mirror next to the bed. I looked over at Quinton. He showed me the video but I wasn't really concentrating. I was still thinking about my parents and every thing. All I could hear was a faded out chuckle.

"I mean how could you be so- Harper? Are you okay?" Quinton asked.

"Hmm? Oh I just have alot on my mind." I said trying to get rid of the topic. I've never told anyone about my parents and my anxiety disorder.

"is anything bothering you? Is it about our talk earlier?"

"no no it's-" I sighed. I looked up at Quinton. He looked very worried. I want to tell him so bad. What's stopping me?

"it's nothing." I said and looked back at myself in the mirror.

"it doesn't look like nothing." Quinton said and sat down next to me. I scootched up a bit for him to sit. "talk to me. I feel like I don't know alot about you. Tell me what's bothering you."

I look down at my toes. I was back in my old position, curled up with my knees to my chest.

"I've never told anyone this before." I looked at him seriously. "no one knows about this except Harvey because he's the only person I trust with this deep personal information." he just looked at me.

"when I was 14 my mother had a misscarige. We were all sad about it and stuff until it got really serious. She could get all of the left over pieces of the baby out of he body. And is still struggling. If she doesn't get it out soon she could get really bad infections which could lead to-" I took a deep breath before I continued. "cancer. And her immune system isn't the strongest so the chances that she'd survive it is very low. My mom texted me earlier, she told me that she has excruciating pain and is going to the doctor"

"harper-"

"my father is moments away from a heart attack and the chances of him surviving that is just as low. If the both of them die, Harvey and I would have to go to foster care and I'd never be able to see you again. And even worse Harvey and I would be separated. Quinton you don't understand. I could lose my whole life in the blink of an eye. A- and if-" I started lightly crying.

"hey hey look at me. Have you seen who's your boyfriend? He'd kick anyones ass who touches you. And besides your parents are strong people! Where do you think your strength comes from? They will be fine and if it comes to them not making it I'll make sure you get a great room in sway. You and Harvey."

"really?" I sniffed.

"We have been thinking of moving for a while now. All the boy love you and Harvey so of course." he said. Just then I got a call.

"Harvey?" I awnsered the phone

"Hey Harvey. Whats-"

"Harper? HARPER! Get the quickest plane back to LA now!" he said with an emergency tone.

"what? Why? Should I bring Quinton?..." I paused for a while. "who?"

"it's dad! Quick Harper!" I looked at Quinton and a tear rolled down my face.

"we have to leave... Now!" I said I quickly packed my stuff.

"what? What do you mean? Harper we can't leave now! What is it?" I looked at him.

"it's my dad.." I said and he just looked at me. He was hesitant but after a while he said.

"pack your stuff I'll take to my parents." I hugged him real tight and then continued packing.

***

We got to the airport and the plane was leaving at 19:45 which means we'd be there around one in the morning. We got on the plane and I quickly snapped a picture. I then laid my head on Quintons shoulder and slept the whole way. We got off and Harvey told me to meet him at the hospital.

***

I got to reception.

"hi I'm here for Mister Jones." I said.

"and you are?" the lady asked.

"I'm his daughter."

"and the boy?" she asked plainly.

"he's my b- boy cousin."

"okay you may pass. Room 177."

I ran through the hallways it felt like slow motion I got to the hallway where Harvey was he was sitting at the door on a chair.

"Harvey" I whispered. He looked to the side and I could see in his face he was traumatized. I ran over to him and rapped my arms around him.

"what happened Harvey?"

"he wouldn't talk to anyone except a girl named, Harper?" the nurse said.

"yeah that's me I'm his sister. Do you maybe know what happened?" I asked her.

"all I know is that your father-

"dad.." Harvey whispered.

"what's that?"

"dad"he repeated.

"can I go in?" I asked the nurse.

"of course." she said. I walked in and he was laying on the bed. Quinton stayed outside with Harvey. I heard him talk to someone on the phone when I was talking to Harvey. I have no clue who that was tho.

I walked into the room and there my dad laid on the bed motion less. I just slowly walked over to him. He then opened his eyes...

1204 word count