Chapter 26: Goodnight

Recap: I walked into the room and there my dad laid on the bed motion less. I just slowly walked over to him. He then opened his eyes...

"Harper?"

"yes, yes its me Harper." i said.

"I don't know if you remember this but a long time ago, I promised you something-"

"that you'll always be by my side no matter what." I finished his sentence.

"yes. And I want to renew that promise. I will forever and always be by your side Harper. Survive this or if I pass away. Remeber me. Remember, I'm only one breath away from you." I took his hand and squeezed it tight.

"please don't leave me yet dad. We have so many stuff we still have to do. We still have to sky dive together. We still have to reach 3 mil together on tik tok. You can't leave me." I said and started crying.

"Harper. I love you so much. And remember that I'm always by your side." he said I just laid my forehead on out hands and cried. He closed his eyes and with his last breath he said

"I'm by your side right now." and even tho that was his last breath and he was gone, i still felt his presence. I was crying as the hart rate machine went down.

All of the doctors and nurses came in and started to try and get him back but for some reason I said.

"STOP!" they all looked at me strangely.

"let him go. He's in a better place now."i said with tears streaming down my face. I wiped my face and left the room and was attacked by nessa.

"nessa?"

"omg Harper! Is he okay?!" she asked. And then suddenly I remember what had just happened. I looked at her then looked down.

"Harper.. I'm-"

"so sorry. I know. I'm going to hear alot of those." I giggled and so did nessa, quin, Josh and Blake.

"Blake!" I have him a hug. Blake is like the older brother I never had. Well all the boy are except quin of course but he was just one of my mains. Him Bryce and Josh.

Quin looked at me with simpathy in his eyes. I looked back at him. I went over to him and hugged him.

"Hey. You okay?"

"wait. Where's Harvey?" I asked.

"oh he's in here." Josh said standing next to a door. I went in and the nurse was busy talking to him.

"Harper! Is he okay?" he asked me. I looked at him and tears started building up in my eyes.

"no.."

"Harvey. It's going to be okay! Alright. I know, we're going to suffer. But I want you to know that you have me okay?" I told him. I hugged him as the both of us cried.

"talk to me when you're down. Tell me how you're feeling. We have each other."

"I love you Harper." he whispered.

"I love you too Harvey." I held him for a little while until I pulled away. "where's mom?"

"mom!" he ran out of the room and I went after him.

Quintons POV:

"how did this happen?" Josh asked me.

"we were talking and then she got a call from Harvey. Telling her to get back here as soon as possible. I went to go talk to my mom and she was obviously okay with it. We flew back and got to the hospital and here we are." I explained.

"shit dude. Is she oksy tho?" Blake asked.

"I'm sure she not doing good but I think she just needs space right now." and as I said that Harvey ran out the room and Harper followed. I looked over at them and they showed me to go with. I saw how she ran after him and I quickly caught up.

Harper's POV:

"Harvey! Slow down!" he then started slowing down. As we started walking I saw Quinton next to me.

"what's going on?" he asked.

"I don't know." I softly said looking at him in concern. Harvey turned into a room and there my mum was. Totally fine.

"mom." I started crying again. I was so relieved that she was fine. It's almost as if my legs just gave in. I fell to my knees and sat on my legs with my head down just crying. Quinton was quick to jump to the ground and hold me and so was my mom.

"what happened? Is dad okay?" she looked up at Harvey and he just looked down.

"he's gone mom."I said and looked down. She sighed and looked at me.

"everything is going to be okay. Let's look at the up side. They got the remains out. Which means-"

"you won't get cancer!" Harvey said. I looked up and looked at Quinton. I just needed him. That's all I need right now.

"mom" I whispered. "can Quinton stay. Please? He's been helping so much, I can't live without him right now."

"of course honey." she said. "Let's get home. We all need a good night's sleep. You too Quinton."

"thank you Mis Jones." he said.

"please Quinton. It's either mom or Hayley." my mom said as we walked out. We just chuckled. Mom took us to the car and we went home. Quinton and I were sitting in my room.

"Harper."

"yeah"

"tell me earlier next time."

"what do you mean?"

"stuff like this Harper. Tell me these type of things so that we can get ready for it. Together." he told me.

"okay. While we're on the topic let me explain."

"no you don't have to explain anything. Just tell me. I don't need any explanations all I need is for you to tell me what's going on." he told me.

"okay. I promise." I said.

"Quinton, Harper?" Harvey walked into my room.

I looked up at him.

"let's go to sway. Sleep there for the night." he looked at me. "they deserve to know Harper."

"yeah.. Okay I'll go talk to mom." I stood up to go downstairs.

"no need I already talked to her."

"will she be fine alone?" I asked him.

"she won't be alone I'll be here." he said.

"don't you want to come with?"

"they're your friends not mine, Harper. Go." he said.

"uhm yeah, okay. Uh I'll text you when we come back." I said.

"okay" he hugged me. "you'll be fine. Quinton's going to be right next to you the whole time."

"thanks"...

1084 words