Chapter 14: His House

We landed and it was around 9 am. When we got off the plane we were looking for quintons mother when I saw a middle aged woman who I immediately realized was quintons mother cause quinton looked almost exactly like her.

"so your a mommas boy huh?" I ask looking at him. He frowend causing me to laugh. I turned him around and his mother stood infront of him. He immediately hugged her in excitement. I then hugged her afterwards.

"hello im quintons mother. You must be Harper. It's so nice to finally meet you!" she said hugging me and I hugged back.

"that you miss Griggs it's an amazing honer to meet miss to."

"oh please sweety, call me Lauren." she said pulling me away with her hands on my shoulders giving me a sweet warm welcoming smile. I didn't know what to say so I just returned the smile.

"well let's get going! Atso has been really excited this morning! It's like he knows you're coming." his mother said grabbing one of quintons bags.

"who's Atso?" I asked looking at quinton and then back at Lauren. Lauren immediately gasped.

"he didn't tell you about Atso? How could he!?" she said sarcasticly disappointed. I then started giggling and quinton smirked and rolled his eyes playfully.

We got to his house and said hi to Atso his dog. Apparently his brother's moved out. It didn't really bother him because he knew they were moving out. We went upstairs and he took me to the spare room. We packed out and I went over to his room. I knock on his door since it was closed but he didn't answer. I knocked again and still no answer so I went in. I saw him laying on his bed with his air pods in and his eyes closed. I closed his door and sat next to him and put my hand on his shoulder since his back faced me.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked as he turned around. There were tears running down his face and his eyes were glossy. I looked at him and he just looked at me. I then immediately pulled him into a warm comforting hug.

"what's wrong quinton?" I asked in a caring way.

"I don't wanna talk about it." he said. I just hugged him tightly.

"can you just hold me?" he asked me. I pulled him away, put my hands on his shoulders and looked at him. I looked at the tear stains on his checks and the sadness in his eye which made me tear up.

"why are you crying?" he said in a raspy voice with a little giggle.

"I hate seeing you like this Quinton. I've never seen you like this." I say. There was a long pause since I struggled to get it out. He wiped the tear off my face and lifted my head.

"I just miss him Harper." he said. I got in his bed and I signaled for him to come lay with me. He tucked his head in the crook of my neck and rapped his arms around my waist and laid/hovered on top of me. I rapped my arms around his neck and gently scratched his scalp since I knew he loves it and just held him as a tear here and there would escape his glossy eyes.

"I'm assuming you're talking about your brother's?" I ask after a while of holding him and gently stroking his hair with my nails.

"no." he says lifting himself up so his face is hovering above mine.

"my father. he left without of saying goodbye and he-" he tries to say but gets to emotional and stuffs his head back in the crook of my neck with tears running down his face. As he laid his head on my shoulder he started calming down. He was just laying on me with his head on my chest.

Quintons POV:

I was just laying on Harper's chest listening to her heart beat which calmed me down a bit.

"thank you Harper." I say with a crack in my voice.

"for what?" she asked and I could feel her head on mine looking down to me. I looked up at her then propped myself up to look at her.

"for this, laying here, with me." I said.

"don't thank me quinton. You know I'm always here if you need someone. Just don't shut people out when you're sad or when you feel alone. Please. I need you to tell me when you feel like this. I can't let you go through this type of stuff alone." she said worried. I just looked at her and I don't know what I was thinking but I just kissed her. I know it wasn't much of and appropriate time but I just really needed her lips on mine. It took her a while to kiss back but when she did it was magical. When she pushed me away.

"what was that for?" I asked with a frown.

"i don't want you to use me for... you know what." she said as sadness spread on her face. I was so angry since I was already sad before that, that I just stood up.

"get out." I said trying to stay calm but not looking at her.

"Quinton..." she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"GET OUT!" I yelled hitting her hand off my shoulder. She flinged and looked at me in fear. I could see the tears build up in her eyes and the fear on her face.

Harper's POV

I felt the tears build up in my eyes and I was honestly very scared and shocked because Quinton has never raised his voice at me.

"Harper... I'm sorry..." he said when we realized he messed up.

"i-" I was lost for words. I was so shocked that I couldn't speak. I just ran out his room and into the spare room. I closed the door and locked it and put my back against the door. I stood there for a few split seconds. Tears then started rolling down my face and I slid down the door I just sat there curled up in a ball and my head tucked into my arms and knees. At this point I was sobbing. When I heard a knock in the door. I thought it was Quinton so I just stayed seated when I hear someone say...

1081 words