Chapter 27: Never Mind

!!THERE WILL BE SUICIDE DISCUSSED IN THIS CHAPTER!!

Recap: "uhm yeah, okay. Uh I'll text you when we come back." I said.

"okay" he hugged me. "you'll be fine. Quinton's going to be right next to you the whole time."

"thanks"...

***

We got into the car and the drive to sway was quiet.

"Hey are you okay?" quin asked. "that was a stupid question sorry." i didn't say or do anything. I just started crying.

"I don't know what to feel quin. I feel everything. I feel sadness, anger, annoyance, fear. And I hate it." I sobbed. "I hate it so much. It hurts, quin. It fiscally HURTS!"

"are you sure you want to go to sway?" he asked calmly.

"no. I really don't." I looked at him.

Quintons POV:

She looked over at me and the pain in her eyes were so horrific that I could feel it with her. I felt so bad for her.

"let's just go home." she said. She wasn't crying anymore. She just sat there motionless.

Harper's POV:

Its sucks. Losing a family member. Especially one that was closest to your heart. I was scrolling through Tiktok the other day and saw a video. It was one of those aethethic videos with the sad quotes on. The sound was the song waves by Dean Lewis which was my dads favorite song and the quote said, "it's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flash backs that follow.." and as I was sitting there in the car looking out the window I was thinking of that video. It's like Tiktok was warning me. I just thought of all the memories of my father and I.

***

harper: daddy! I'm going to fall!

Dad: don't worry harpy I promise I won't let you fall. Just jump.

A little girl standing on the table, her dads arms stretched out to catch her. She carefully jumps into his arms and he catches her, just like he promised.

Harper: you catched me!

Dad: of course I did. I promised you that I will catch you and your dad doesn't break his promises.

Harper: *giggles*

Her father puts her down.

Dad: I will ALWAYS be there. Right next to you. Guiding you every step of the way.

***

A tear rolled down my face as I thought back to the presious memory of my father.

The car stopped and I wiped the year off my face.

"wait, this isn't my house?" I look over at Quinton.

"I want to show you something." he said. He got out of the car and opened my door for me. I got out. Quinton put his hand out for me to take. I took his hand and walked with him. We were in the woods and something about it I recognized.