Chapter 19: Dancing In The Rain

Recap: I giggled into the kiss and we both then pulled away...

"you are the cutest." I said while he helped my up.

"why thank you my lady." he said in a very posh way, bowing down like a prince would infront of a princess.

"it is my pleasure." I say poshly as I bow like a princess and we both started laughing again.

"so about that skating lesson. You still wanna do that or do you want to go home and chill?"

"I fine with anything to be honest as long as I'm with you I'm chill." I said. He just smirked and put down the board.

"and then you just push off." quinton said once I was on the board.

"I'm letting go.."

"NO! Quinton don't you even fucking dare let go of me!"

"I already did!" he said jogging next to me.

"I'm doing it! Ha. Look quiny, I'm doing it!" I yelled and put my arms at the sides of my body.

"quinton... Quinton!" I said as I closed my eyes. I just felt arms rap around me and pick me up. I opened my eyes to Quinton holding me just under my ass. I then put my hands on the side of his face. We then heard a big crash. We both looked to the side and saw it was Quintons board that crashed into the walk I was about to crash into.

"my boooooard" he said with a pouty face.

"I'm so sorry!" I said as I jumped out of his arms and ran over to the board and fell on me knees to see if it broke.

"is it okay?" he asks from behind me. I sat there with the board on my lap and the front pair of wheels in my hand with tears in my eyes.

"omg quin I'm so sorry."

"fuck!" he said under his breath grabbing his hair and pacing around asking himself questions like 'what's mom gonna say?' and 'how am I gonna fix this?' 'dad's gonna beat the shit out of me.' I felt so bad and honestly didn't know what to do. I then just let the tears go because I felt so guilty and couldn't hold it in anymore.

Quintons POV:

I was busy trying to think of what to tell my parents when I just heard sniffing. I immediately stopped and looked at Harper and saw her wipe her nose with her hand.

"Hey. Don't cry." I said sitting down next to her.
"it's just a piece of wood with wheels attached to it. A very expensive piece of wood. But that's not the point. My point is that I can just fix it, see." I take the board from her and see that the wood came off with the wheels.

"oh... Shit" I said scratching the back of my head knowing that I wouldn't be able to just fix it.
"Hey it's all gonna be fine I'll make a plan, ok?" I reassure her lifting her head a little and look at her in her eyes. I hate seeing her like this. Glossy eyes and a trembling bottom lip.

"please don't cry you're gonna make me cry and then we're both gonna cry" I tried calming her down by pulling her into my chest which I think calmed her down because after a while of crying into my chest she stopped sniffing.

"there we go."

"I'm such a mental mess." she said.

"no you're not."

Harper's POV:

"yes I am! I cry over dumb stuff. Like this once I cried when I accidentally stepped on a bee." I told him. I giggled at the memory. "Harvey then had to pick it up and throw it in the bush because I was too sad to do it myself."