Chapter 9. The Break

Where the hell is Tanya? Eric wondered. She said that she wanted some space and Eric reluctantly agreed.  What else could he do after what he did?  But days turn to weeks and now it was over two weeks he had not seen or heard from her. No one would tell him where Tanya was.

He was sure that Sharon knew where Tanya was but she was not speaking to him. She was still mad at him for cursing at her. She was responsible for  taking Tanya to see where he was that night when he was caught with Julie. Eric was still pissed at her for doing that, but she was the only one who could help him. He went over to Sharon's house on the  pretext of  seeing her brother Will.

Sharon passed by Eric and totally ignored him. Eric said hello to her but she just looked at him. He went over to her. "You know I am going to marry your friend so you might as well speak to me," Eric said. 

"Look, I am sorry for cursing you out."

Sharon just folded her  arms and rolled her eyes at him. 

"So why did you encourage Tanya to sneak out at night? She almost got herself shot by her crazy father as she sneaked back into her house." Eric informed her.  

Sharon gasped. "Tanya never said anything to me about that. What happened?" 

"I don't know exactly what happened, but I think her father heard her as she sneaked into the house and he ran down the stairs gun in hand thinking it was an intruder. She managed to get to her room before he figured out it was her.  Talking about cutting it close," Eric said.

"I didn't know she almost got caught," Sharon said.

"Of course she blames me for that too, but I think you encouraged her to sneak out," Eric said.

"I did not.  Tanya wanted to go and I went with her so she wouldn't ride there by herself. She was going with or without me.  In any case you shouldn't have been there screwing that girl." 

"You are right.  I was wrong.  I really fuck things up," he admitted, however, he tried to justify himself.

"I am sure, unlike Tanya, you know the difference between Love and sex. That was all about sex not love. I love Tanya."

"I don't understand. I thought that love came with commitment and if you love someone you are committed completely.  That means no fucking around," Sharon told him. 

"I agree.  But this situation is different." 

Sharon looked at him with a confusion. "How is it different?"

 "You and Doug are committed to each other.  Correct?" 

"Yes of course, and Doug doesn't  fuck around."

Eric told her that was a good thing but he knew that her boyfriend was just as good at fucking around as he was, but Sharon would never hear it from him. 

"You and Doug have sex?" He already knew the answer because Doug would never give her the time of day if she wasn't putting out.

"It's none of your business Eric." 

"Come on Sharon, I just want to make a point."

"Yes Doug and I...well we make love." 

"Well Tanya is still a virgin," Eric said. He hated for her to know that, but he had no choice. He needed her sympathy and help.

"What? How come Tanya is still a virgin? You never hesitated with me to take my...well...and just walked away. How could you take something so priceless and not care?" Sharon asked.

Eric was dumbfounded. What the fuck is she talking about?  Eric wondered. They hooked up two times at the Olympic track and Field  trials in the island capital during his high school days, way before Tanya and him started dating. This was where all the schools met for the Olympic competitions. With five days in the capital, a lot of shit went down.  He was glad Tanya was never allowed on any of those trips.