01| Two Years Later

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

AMELIA TRIED TO IGNORE the way her heart started beating a long forgotten beat against her chest the moment she crossed the “Welcome to Lowood” sign.

Even the air seemed to shift, adopting a more familiar feeling to it that seemed to claw against her throat.

“Can you roll the window up, please, Alex?” She asked and the man next to her nodded, closing the window.

“Are you okay?” He asked and Amelia managed a semblance of a smile for his sake.

His cold hand closed around her even colder one and she supressed a shiver.

It wasn't just the weather. She was always cold now.

“I'm tired,” she groaned, shifting in her position.

“We're almost there,” he said, looking down at the map open on his phone screen.

Amelia sighed, anxiousness growing every minute that she sat still.

“Alex,” Amelia whispered, throwing a quick look at the separator to make sure it was close.

“Yes?” He whispered back, eyes on the screen, oblivious to Amelia's intentions.

She rolled her eyes, smiling to herself as he continued to scroll down on his screen.

She reached forward and snatched the phone from his hands.

“Hey!” He complained, looking at her questioningly.

She grinned, taking the opportunity to climb onto his lap.

He smiled, grabbing her hips and bringing her closer to the bulge in his pants.

She brushed back the golden curls from his forehead, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

She breathed in his scent, a welcome distraction from the scent of Lowood air, feeling her anxious nerve settle ever so slightly.

“You look nervous,” Alex pointed out and she sighed against his skin.

“It's the whole moving thing. It's making me anxious,” she said.

Half truths or down right lies. That's how she lived now.

“We'll be okay, Am,” he said, soothing her hair.

She nodded, repeating the words in her head, wanting her mind to believe it.

The car turned right and then slowed down to a stop.

Hard To Love |18+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें