61 | ricordi

Myra

When we returned to the entrance of the packhouse, I found a few people standing outside with the guards beside them. I moved aside from Bane and looked over at them.

"Charles?" He turned around and looked at me.

"Myra?"

I laughed, grabbing him and hugging him tightly, "What are you doing here?"

"Didn't you say that we could come here?"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot."

I stopped smiling when I heard a growl behind me. I looked behind and found Bane, not really happy.

"This is Charles, we used to study together when we were children and he was my best friend then." I explained to Bane before he assumed anything else.

"Is that all?"

I nodded my head, "Yes,"

"Okay, I will be in. Let me know if you need anything," Bane said before walking inside the packhouse and ignoring everyone's existence.

I was grateful to get my old pack members inside his packhouse and Bane showed a nice gesture to me by agreeing. The packhouse was barely filled, only unmated wolves stayed here.

"Oh my god, is that your mate?" Charles asked, appearing beside me. "He's cute," He winked at me.

Now, who was going to tell Bane that Charles was gay?

"Yeah, he is." I replied, "Anyway, you should all come in and make yourself feel at home. If anything is required, let me know and please, avoid the other wolves, they are vicious." I warned them before they started growling at each other which was going to happen someday.

There weren't many of them, just a few who had nothing left in Ostbridge. My parents were able to settle down here as they came from a wealthy family. Others, including elders scattered across the city after signing an agreement that they'd not cause trouble among the other wolves that belonged to Bane's pack.

It was hard believe that I was an Alpha—the first female one.

While everyone settled in the packhouse, I paid a visit to Bane as I wanted to settle things down with. When he left, he seemed quite jealous of Charles who was simply my classmate and my best friend. I kept no contact with anyone, not even Charles after I ran away from Hugh and his pack.

"Everything okay?" I asked, knocking the door and then entering inside his bedroom.

"Yeah," He lifted his head and replied, in a cold tone that ticked me off.

I walked inside, "You're jealous,"

"No, why would I be jealous?" He asked, covering his anger and jealously. "The walls aren't soundproof, everyone is going to know when you scream my name at night."

I released a relax laugh while shaking my head. He was unbelievable. "So, you aren't jealous then?"

"Nope, you're mine, I don't have to be."

I was aware of how possessive and greedy Bane was but he barely showed anything at that moment. Did he really trust me that much? Wow. That had to be a surprise.

I briefly paused, gathering my thoughts before walking over to Bane and wrapping my arms around him. My wolf howled at the slight reveal of emotions.

I pressed my head against his muscular back and heard his wild, primal heartbeat that echoed in my ears.

"I can assure you that I'm yours and none of them downstairs is going to cause any trouble for you or me," I said, rubbing my head. Someone had to comfort Bane, it wasn't like often he allowed someone to stay at his packhouse.

Bane whipped around and placed his fingers underneath my chin. Raising my head, he replied, "I know, you don't have to assure me, I trust you and it isn't about you. I'm just not comfortable having people who I can't command,"

Egoistic.

"Oh," I snorted. "Wow. Well, you don't have to worry. If you can't command them, I can and rest assure they won't interfere in your life or anyone else's. Its just for a few weeks,"

"It better be,"

As I returned back from school, I found myself standing in the living room of my house. My parents glared at me for a whole minute as I placed my bag on the ground.

"I can't go for the trainings, Mom, I still have school," I argued with them both. I had already missed a year because of Alpha Hugh and now, my parents were forcing me to miss another one.

"Studies don't matter. The Alpha wants you to be trained so you will be trained," Mom snapped back at me, folding her arms underneath her chest. It was the same routine like every year and I was tired of it.

"Please, I will miss another year." I frowned, fighting with her. "Okay, how about we wait for a few months and then I will go to Alpha Hugh myself. I just need to clear these few exams that I had been studying so hard for!"

My Dad stood up from his rocking chair and approached me. His eyes switched with anger. His hand came down to my elbow and he yanked me away from the front door.

"You're going to go to the trainings, whether you want it or not. The Alpha is on his way to come and pick you up so change," The veins on his forehead throbbed as he spoke to me.

I could never talk back to my Dad.

"Okay," I mumbled, nodding my head.

When he released me, I ran upstairs and sobbed for a few minutes. I scratched my nose and looked at my reflection, thinking about how worse it could all get.

I was forced into trainings since I was a little child. It happened every year, at winters. My Alpha was one of the cruelest Alpha's known across the states. He had his own way of demanding and tormenting people—among those people, I was one of them.

"Is she ready?" My heart pondered in my throat as I heard his ruthless voice.

With the little bit of energy I had left, I picked up the bag with my belongings and went downstairs to see my Alpha standing beside my parents.

"I'm ready,"

"What took you so long?" The Alpha asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the house before I could even say a goodbye. I stopped struggling when I realized that nothing was going to stop him from dragging me to his grounds and torturing me. "Get in the car,"

Alpha Hugh usually took me to a camp at the outskirts of the town where he had a lakehouse. Most of the wolves were trained and so I was. Like usual, I was forced to stay there for three months and endure the freezing weather and storms all by myself.

It got easier every year.

Eventually, I stopped missing my parents.

One of wolves I usually fought against was Henry, he was the Beta of the pack and Alpha Hugh's side man. He never showed any kind of mercy—ever and didn't hesitate covering my body and my wolf in scratches.

A few days into the lakehouse, I decided to run away but Henry caught and dragged me back to the lakehouse. On that certain evening, I was repeatedly drowned and pulled out of water.

"Enjoying that?" Henry asked, yanking on my hair as he pulled me out of the water.

I breathed heavily and grasped every ounce of air around me before he pushed me back inside the water and kept my head in there for the rest of the evening.

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr