44 | morte

Myra

When Bane pushed me towards Hugh, for a moment I felt my heart shatter, thinking that he was just going to give me up. Who wouldn't? His pack mattered more that a woman he had just been with for a while.

Hugh hesitated, he didn't step forward, instead, he turned his head towards the wolf by his side and clicked his finger. One of the wolves pounced at my direction, getting ready to grab me but before he could, Bane slashed his neck through his bare fingers and killed him.

The breath sucked out from my lungs and I stepped back as the dead wolf landed on my feet, his body still moving and blood pouring out of his neck. Bane didn't even bother with shifting—he was that strong.

"Come on, get her if you want her," Bane teased, lifting his head at Hugh and showing everyone else his teeth.

Hugh slumped back, "You're in for no good. The girl belongs to me, she ran-away from my pack, hand her over or I won't hesitate in taking your entire pack down."

"Oh, I'm scared of the big bad, blind Alpha," Bane said, putting his hands on the air as if he was frightened. His behaviors surprised me a little. No wonder he was known as the cruelest Alpha in existence. "These are my grounds so walk away before I kill each and every single one of wolves and then rip out your trembling heart with my own hands,"

Hugh growled at his words, his growl echoed across the woods and I sensed the wolves of his pack stepping closer, getting ready to attack us.

He snapped his head at me, his blind eyes piercing into my soul, "You've got a nice man here but tell him to step away, and come with me. I will ensure your living," He spoke to me as if he was still my Alpha—he lost that title from me years ago.

Hugh was nothing to me anymore.

"Too much blabbering, can't handle." Bane said, lunging at another wolf and killing him before he could even blink.

The other wolves emerged from the dark, it happened so quickly that I didn't even get a moment of breathe, before I knew, the wolves were all over me and I couldn't sense which one of them were Bane's. Chaos built up in the air, howls mirrored across the dark, deadly woods and the blood shed just increased from there.

A wolf jumped over me, throwing me down on the ground as his claws pierced into my flesh. I looked into his eyes and realized who it was. Energy flowed inside me and I shifted the tables, throwing him underneath me.

"Goodbye, Tristan." I whispered before taking his breath away and killing him for good. The wolf beneath me screamed as I dug my claws in, reached for his heart and then ripped it out of his body.

Tristan was a member of the Blood Swamp pack, he worked beside Hugh and ensured all my trainings went accordingly as he wanted. He was the second person I wanted to kill after Hugh.

With my hands covered in blood, I turned around and looked for Hugh. Panic settled inside me when I found him nowhere. He had shifted. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a wolf, walking towards me. I stood up from the ground and backed away from him.

It was a black wolf.

Hugh's wolf.

His wolf terrified me the most. I thought about nothing except for those dreaded nights when he used to come and fight me with his wolf. He ripped me apart a thousand times and then patched me up before repeating the same routine.

I was torn.

I waited several seconds, didn't move, didn't flinch, just looked at the wolf in front of me. He was large like a beast, a beast who had ruined most of my childhood. I had no chance against him while he was in his wolf form.

He intended to attack me, to grab and take me but another wolf appeared on my side and put Hugh to the ground. Whoever it was, was going to die. Hugh didn't show any mercy to the wolf who had saved me, he bit into his flesh, tore him into pieces and as the poor wolf purred with pain, he killed him.

Shaking with fear, I hid behind a tree, tears pouring out of my eyes as my chest dropped. My heart tightened with the ache. When I heard nothing behind me, I turned around and found the wolf dead, turning into his human form.

"Cedric," I whimpered, slapping my hand over my mouth. I dropped on the ground beside him. I didn't even knew that he was here. I thought Bane must had banished him or something.

When I held his hand, it was ice cold as if his wolf knew that it was going to die.

Cedric was dead.

Because of me. 

*cries*

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on Inkitt!