31 | rivelazione

Bane

When Roger hurt Myra, I felt an ache growing inside my chest, as if he had hurt me instead of her. The swift pain weakened me for some absurd reason that I couldn't understand. I loosened my fists and was ready to conclude the fight but then Myra shifted—for the first time ever in front of me.

My breathing came to a halt as I saw her her wolf. The flashes of the night of mating appeared in front of me and it struck me like a hundreds and thousands waves of disquieting dazzles—she was my mate.

Myra.

Fucking Myra.

Her wolf was the exact same wolf that I had met with on the night of mating and during that time there was only one unmated female in the woods and that was her.

Of course.

Once Myra turned into a wolf, she launched at Roger and within a second, his wolf was on the ground, bleeding to death. She didn't kill him but instead glanced at me and than ran away.

"No, no!" I yelled as I watched her disappear. "Take him in and patch him up," I said to Micheal who was standing beside me. Roger was wounded but not dead and I had other problems to deal with.

I had to get my mate.

My fucking mate.

I moved farther into the backyard that was connected to the roads that led to the woods where my wolves usually went for a run. Once I was confirmed of which path she took, I turned into a werewolf and followed it.

I wanted her.

I wanted my mate.

Trees and bushes passed by me as I followed behind her. She was fast but not as fast as an Alpha, I could get her on time if she slowed down a little. The low sound of her breathing and her wolf whimpering echoed in my ears and I followed that. She quickened her pace, continued to run as if I was some kind of monster.

I was nothing like that.

I thumped on the ground harder, ran quicker but failed to catch her. Her sounds vanished and so did her wolf, she was gone. I came to a halt and breathed heavily while looking at my surroundings. Ahead of me, there were mountains that led to the north and behind there was the city. The creek harbor was nearby, where the woods ended, so I had no idea which direction she took.

Whichever it was, she couldn't run for long.

She was mine.

I returned to the packhouse in a few minutes and the first thing I did after shifting back into a human was grab Cedric and slam him against the wall for even touching my fucking mate.

Taking her was far beyond it.

"How dare you?" I asked, growling, every fiber in my body aching to snap his neck and rip him apart into shreds till there was nothing left behind. "She's my mate. Did you know that?"

Cedric shook his head, his eyes widening with surprise, "No, Alpha, I didn't know."

I dropped him to the ground, "Get the fuck out of my sight before I kill you for fucking her,"

It didn't take a second till he was out and running for his life. I clenched my fists together and let the anger sear through me again and again. There were so many things wrong, so many fucking things and it made me mad—damn mad. How did I let this all happen infront of me? How was I so dumb? I was possessive, in anger and ready to claim what was mine.

The unwanted attraction towards Myra finally made sense. She was my mate and she knew that all along yet she fucked Cedric, in my fucking house and lingered around with his scent on her. My vision was red with anger as I plopped on the couch, taking deep breaths and tapping my boots on the ground.

Ugh.

I wasn't mad at her, I just wanted her and that was all. I needed her by my side. God.

Micheal walked in the room with information. "What is it?" I asked, snapping at him.

"Roger—he's healing and will be fine in a few days, it's nothing too bad." Micheal replied, sounding a bit scared. They all knew when I was angry and it didn't happen that often.

Temper wasn't a part of me but right now, I was losing my senses.

"Call up the patrols around the entrances of the city and say them to look for a female wolf, black fur and green eyes. If they find her, tell them to grab her and make sure she doesn't escapes." I ordered him.

He nodded his head and left the room. From a distance, I could her him calling the wolves around the city. Frustration was still buzzing inside me. I stood up, walked around, back and forth, getting my temper in control before I killed someone—probably Cedric.

That motherfucker wasn't going to live another day.

Heat.

I was surrounded with immense heat, all around me, it was lust and anger, a mixture of them both, scalding inside me like a deaf fire. My canines ached, my wolf howled and every thought of mine was directed to Myra.

To claim her.

To punish her.

To fuck her.

My cock throbbed at the last thought and with that, I calmed down. I walked out of the room and went where Roger was. I found him resting on a bad with bandaids all across his body. When he saw me, he lifted himself off the bed, looking scared.

"Alp—"

"Did you know she was my mate?" I asked him. There was a reason why Roger wanted to fight Myra and now I knew why.

"Yes,"

"Since when?"

"Since the first time you saw her." He replied, his breath shaking a little. "I'm sorry, Alpha, I thought—maybe you didn't want or something. She is a rogue, and you don't deserve her."

In a flash, my hands were in his throat, taking his life out, "You don't get to tell me who I deserve. Once your healed, you're going to pack your bags and fuck out of this house with Cedric, do you understand that? I will kill you if I see you again," Killing them weren't going to change anything and right now, I was not in the position of killing two of my pack members.

"Yes, yes," he murmured out.

"That's right." I dropped him back on the bed and stepped away.

Now, all I had to do was wait. Wait for Myra to return. And, of course she wasn't going to come here willingly. She knew that she was mated to me yet she played me all these weeks. That was fine. I was going to play with her for the rest of her life and it was a long life for both us.

"Micheal!" I shouted, storming the hallways.

"Yes, Alpha?" He asked.

"You're going to do me a favor," I placed my hand over his shoulder and said. He scrunched his brows in confusion and waited for me to continue, "There is this pretty little human that you need to grab from the streets, her name is Cindy and she works at the Citrus Hospital. I want her in this house before evening, willingly or not, grab her and bring her to me. You shall be rewarded if the task is completed,"

I was aware of one weakness that Myra had and that was her bestfriend.

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com or the next chapter on Inkitt!