29 | combattere

Myra

Strange noises followed inside the house and I got off the bed to check what was happening outside. It was almost one in the morning when I heard voices of a man and a woman. The last I remembered was that no females lived in this packhouse. Who was this woman? I threw a silk robe over my body that had been covered with a pain relief cream. After all that whipping, I needed something to calm down the pain and I could only find a cream lying around the house.

I stepped outside my room and looked on the either side of the hallway. It was empty yet there were voices. The packhouse was in silent mode the past few hours. I didn't see Bane again after I told him all that truth he needed to hear. He didn't say anything, although, I feared for my life since then. I wanted to apologize and take back my words before he snapped my neck with his bare hands.

He could do that, couldn't he?

I tied my robe and walked outside of my room, leaving the hallway and entering the living room where I found someone moaning. When I switched on the lights, I was taken back by with what I had seen.

"Wow," Dark anger curled in my stomach as I found Bane on the couch, drunk and with a woman over him. They weren't doing anything except for watching the TV but that itself hurt me. Who was this?

"What do you want, Myra? Shouldn't you be asleep?" Bane asked me, stumbling on his words. His eyes barely even open. God. He was worse than drunk.

"What are you doing?" I asked, furrowing my brows together.

The woman on him continued to rub her hands over his body and that forced a growl out of my wolf. I swallowed the urge of snapping her neck and moved back, looking away from her.

"I'm doing what I have to do," he groaned, moving his large hand towards her plumped ass. "Why? Do you want to join us?" When he winked at me, my insides folded with disgust and I turned around to leave. "My bed is large enough for three!"

"Fuck you!" I raised my finger over the air and walked away from the scene. He could do whatever he wanted to do. I couldn't stop him even though I did have the authority but I lost that when I gave myself over to Cedric. "Enjoy your night," I murmured, shaking my head with jealousy.

That was all I could do.

Feel jealous as Bane pounded into another woman.

•••

After everything that happened last night, I was able to sleep in peace after taking a few more painkillers but my peace was ruined and destroyed when someone stepped inside my room and pulled the curtains open. I whimpered as the first rays of sun blinded me. It took me a while to fix my vision but before any protest, a hand came down my elbow and I was pulled off the bed. Thankfully, I was still clothed.

"What are you doing?" I asked Bane in a grumpy tone. He didn't seem to be any good either. He looked like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Rise and shine. Today is your last day alive," he stated, pulling me up on my legs.

"What?"

"Roger wants to fight against you and it's going to happen. It's a law that if a werewolf fights against another, they have to fight to death and that's what he wants to do." He explained, walking around in circles. He barely made an eye contact with me during the entire time.

I rubbed my eyes and tried to understand what he was blabbering about. Why did Roger want to fight with me? I thought we were done, weren't we?

"I don't understand–"

"I don't care, Myra. You're going to go fight against him and one of you is going to die." He said, cutting me off rudely.

"But I don't want too," I was bruised and weakened. There was barely any strength inside me after all the incidents that happened yesterday and Bane wanted me to fight against Roger. For what?

"You don't have a choice. Roger wants to fight against you and as the Alpha of this pack, I have to respect his demand. It's not under my control. You created this conflict and you're going to end it!" He replied, barely making any sense.

"But I didn't do anything,"

Before I could blink, Bane stood in front of me, and his tall figure hovered over mine. "You started it, didn't you?" He asked.

"Yes, but I don't want to fight against him."

"You don't have an option. Get dressed," With the final rage of his frustration, he stepped out of the room and left me alone, confused and shaken.

I took in a few deep breaths and then went inside the washroom to get dressed, once ready, I walked out of the doorway and found Bane standing where he had been the past few minutes.

"I don't want too,"

"I don't care," he grabbed my hand and pulled me across the hallway.

When I fought against Roger, I didn't think he'd do anything like that. In the werewolf world, any issues or grudges formed had to be resolved with one of the wolves dying in the battleground. Battlegrounds were usually an empty space of land, away from the civilization and humans so they couldn't see us. It happened usually as it was the werewolf law. Even members in a pack fought against each other if an issue was raised.

Bane pulled me all the way away from my room and outside in the packhouse's backyard. The backyard was a few acre's long, covered in trees and bushes, and it was long enough to be called a battleground as there were no houses nearby.

"Please, I don't want to fight with him!" I exclaimed, digging my fingertips in his hand and trying to free myself from him.

"Then you shouldn't have done it yesterday," With a push, he threw me on the ground and my hair dropped over my face.

When I raised my head, I found a few other male wolves standing around, just beside or behind Bane. Ahead of me, I found Roger, grinning and smiling with a challenge. I couldn't fight him.

At the end of all this, it would result to someone's death and that someone was probably going to be me. 

Guess what's going to happen next? ;)

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on Inkitt | updates here are on Sunday and Tuesday's.