56 | minaccia

Myra

I was damn surprised. Did—did Bane just apologize? Heaving in a breath, I nodded as he released me from his wrath. He stepped back, his eyes still on me, no longer red or filled with anger. 

"Okay," I said before walking out of the room, leaving him alone with his own monster. 

Just as I stepped out, I pressed my head against the wall and breathed as worry gnawed my thoughts. I rubbed my arms, where he had gripped me and it ached. Something was wrong with Bane. Maybe it was because he heard about his parents after a long time. I thought to myself, shrugged and then walked away from his bedroom.

The tension released off my body when I stopped by the kitchen and found Marcus warming up some water. Before he knew, my claws were an inch apart from the vein that trailed down from his neck to his heart.

He grasped onto my arms as his eyes filled with horror, "What—"

"You're going to come with me outside and we are going to talk about something," I whispered in his ears before dragging Marcus outside through the kitchen door.

The sun blinded me as I stepped out, my hands still close to his neck. I went over to a shadowed area and pushed Marcus down to the ground before getting on the top.

"Now, you're going to tell me what Bane's been hiding," I asked, raising a finger in front of his eyes. "And, if you don't, I will kill you. Trust me, I've killed a lot of you," There was always an another way to get information out of someone.

If Bane wasn't going to tell me, Marcus definitely was. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied, struggling underneath me.

"Yes, yes, you do." My voice hissed quietly, "Tell me about Bane's parents. What happened to them? You've been his pack member for years. Of course, you know."

Marcus opened his mouth, forming a howl to call the others. I slammed my hand over his mouth before he sent out a signal.

"Don't fucking test me. I will kill you," I warned him again and he quieted down.

When I pulled my hand away, he started speaking, "Why do you want to know?"

"Because Bane isn't telling me," I knew he wasn't going to open up to me. Who would even? He had too much of an ego to show any weakness to me.

"When he was child, around sixteen, he murdered his parents, and his older brother—"

I cut him off before he could continue, "He had a brother?"

"Yes, he had a brother. He was elder than him and he was going to become the Alpha but Bane killed him before he could. I don't know what was the reason behind it. No one knows. He doesn't shares it with anyone," Marcus explained, his left eye twitching as my weigh began troubling him.

I got off him and stood up, "So, you don't know anything?" I asked again, hoping for a different answer. So far, I got nothing out of him except that Bane had an elder brother.

Was it a grudge? Did Bane murder his family because he wanted to be the Alpha?

Marcus groaned before standing up and brushing the dirt of his shirt. "I don't know anything. All I know that is that thirteen years ago, we were under the command of Gustavo Romano, the Alpha of the Iron Banes and then, it changed—just in a day."

"After Bane killed his father," I whispered, coming into a conclusion. He hated his own father. For what reason? What was so horrible about his father that he'd have to kill him and then his entire family?

"Yeah, that's all I know and maybe if you asked nicely, I would have told you. No need to bring your claws in, woman." Marcus rolled his eyes at me and rubbed his neck where I had injured him.

When Marcus left, I sat on the ground. Everything was making me overwhelmed. First, it was Hugh's letter and now, Bane's secret.

Gustavo Romano was from the Sosipatros bloodline, making Bane a direct descendant of it as well. He was a royal and he knew everything about the darkness—or whatever it was. No one else apart from Bane could tell me the truth I was searching for.

I was damned already.

I was pulled out of my nap by a known voice. Waking up, I found my parents and Roman standing in front of me. Numerous emotions coursed through me as I grabbed the night robe and wore it. What were they doing here at this time of the night?

"I thought you wouldn't be moving here until a week or so?" I pulled Roman to the corner and asked him while my parents sat emotionless in the lounge. They didn't even bother saying anything to me.

"Well, it was unnecessary to stay in Ostbridge for another day so father rented out a small place in the east of Ampleforth. We will be staying there," Roman explained. "For a while until everything gets back under control,"

It wasn't odd but I didn't expect them to move out so quickly. Ostbridge was there home and at my time there, my father promised me that he'd never move. His words were still clear in my mind when he told me that he'd rather die in that land than go anywhere else.

"How did you convince them?" I inquired, wanting to know Roman's tactics. He was more close to them then I could ever be.

Roman shared a smug grin with me before replying, "Well, I had my ways. Anyway, I was just dropping by to inform you."

"Wow," I laughed, "That's good. Let me know if you need anything," I patted on his arm and he nodded his head.

When he turned around to go back to the lounge, he stopped, "Oh, did you get time to read the letter?"

"Yeah, yeah I did."

"What was in there?"

I shrugged, shaking the unusual feeling off my shoulder and reminding my self that Hugh was dead, "Nothing. Hugh was just telling me a few things,"

Yeah, like the darkness that I had to yet find. Worrying Roman wasn't my intention. He had already too much in his mind and with his pack destroyed, I didn't want to scare him more.

"Oh," He sighed, "I hope you're fine,"

"Yeah, I'm." My lips curled into a smile and we returned to the lounge were my parents were seated.

My mother raised her head and looked at me for the first time in four years. I fought with my self to look away. My parents didn't care about it—they never were going too. My father spoke to me as if he was speaking to an Alpha, we went through a few important things as my family was a part of my pack and after that, they left the packhouse. 

Just as I waved them goodbye and their car drove off, a hand wrapped around my arm and I was pulled inside the house by a furious-looking Bane.

Read the full book on patreon quicker: www.patreon.com/miakerr