10 | giocherellando

"Let me tie you up and show you how rough can I get,"

Myra

Roger showed up a few moments after Mr. Hyde left and I was quite surprised when he was the one who got me food. After settling the tray in front of me, he moved back to the corner and used his phone for the rest of the time. I didn't understand his presence when I clearly wasn't doing anything except for eating.

I picked up the metal fork and glared at it for a moment. Roger would be dead and it wouldn't even take me a minute.

"Don't try to be smart, you still can't shift and I have way more strength than you came to imagine, rogue." His eyes raised as he spoke. That was the sole problem—I couldn't shift and I was weak with aconitum running in my veins.

After finishing up, Roger took everything out and locked the door. I groaned and walked back and forth. I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life here. I needed fresh air, sunshine, and humans. These male wolves were going to be the death of me and I was already in heat. My insides warmed up each and every time I saw these males—even Roger—I couldn't help it. It came along with my strength. A lone female wolf without a mate was nothing.

Just before sunset, another male wolf arrived at my door and asked me to come out. At least there was someone who wasn't throwing his hands on me. The male was young, he seemed to have a mate as he didn't even glance at me.

"Where am I going?" I questioned.

"To the Alpha," He replied, his eyes were still narrowed down as he walked ahead of me.

"And, what do you think he's going to do with me?"

"That's a question only he can answer," The male replied as he took me in front of the same door. He pushed the door open and let me go in first. That was a gentleman right there.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I walked inside.

"Sit," The Alpha commanded as soon I came in. My eyes snapped around the room and I noticed a few more men around me, including Mr. Hyde, Roger and the male who just got me from the basement. Being surrounded around a pack of male wolves wasn't a good thing for a female in heat.

I sat down in front of the Alpha.

"I have something for you," He said. "A task,"

"And what would that be?"

"How good are your tracking skills?"

"Better than the males you have in your pack," I grinned. Deeming these males felt so good. The Iron Banes was a male-dominated pack across the entire US. They did have females but I doubted any of them lived in the packhouse. 

"We will see about that," The Alpha said while getting closer. "Now, there is a little task I have for you, if you complete it and succeed, I won't kill you."

"And what is the task?"

"You are going to track a scent—a specific one," He seemed to be very into the task and it was almost as if this certain scent was worrying him.

I tore my gaze away from him as he pulled out a locket—my locket. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion and with a pang, I realized what he wanted to track.

"I want you to track whoever this locket belongs to," He said. It was my gold locket but I didn't wear it often. It was the first thing I had bought when I arrived in this city. But I couldn't understand how the Alpha had my locket? I don't remember giving it to him and the only time I met him was in the woods when I found out when he was my mate.

Of course. It must've fallen in the ground. Lockets were the only thing that stayed when a human shifted into a werewolf.

"Oh..." I trailed off while returning back to reality.

"Well, are you going to do it or not?" The Alpha asked.

"Of course. Why not? Let me have it," I reached out for my locket but he moved back.

"I don't want your scent on it,"

Fuck you.

"I don't have a scent, idiot." I snapped.

"Whatever. I don't want you to touch you and mind your language, you're talking to an Alpha, not your father." He reminded. That reminder tore me a little bit. My father. I never dared to speak to him like that until the very last day—when my parents decided that it was better if they killed me than letting me live.

I wasn't particularly in the mood to remember my past so I brushed it aside and looked back at the Alpha who was waiting for a response.

"Fine. I will do it then you'll let me go?"

The Alpha chuckled, "In your dreams," He pushed the locket inside his pockets. Jesus. It was mine but he could have it for a while. I was surprised by how he kept something so precious of mine safe. That was another positive point for the Alpha.

"We'll start with visiting the town nearby, Bleakburn, they have a pack name Red Walkers." He said as he turned around to his men. "You will track the scent and see who this locket belongs too," He added.

"Why?" I asked. "Does it belongs to your lost mate?" This was going to be a fun ride.

The Alpha sniped a look at me, "Who told you that?"

I couldn't take Mr. Hyde's name as he had helped too much, "No one,"

"Tell me,"

"I told you, no one so no one. Now, can I smell the locket so I can start tracking your stu—mate?" I questioned as I stood up. I wasn't going to call myself stupid as I was his mate.

The Alpha hesitated for a very long moment before giving me the locket. There was no scent on the locket as I didn't have any scent. But fooling around with the Alpha and his peasants was exciting. Mates had a certain, special—kind of smell and it was the only way to find out who you were mated too. However, this smell was only visible once in the blood moon and that was weeks ago. The Alpha had no chance of finding his mate with this locket as it didn't have a scent but I played along and acted it did have one.

"Reminds me of something..." I trailed off while putting up an act.

"What is it?" the Alpha questioned as he stepped closer.

"I don't know. I think I will remember it when I have something inside my stomach," My lips curled into a wicked smile.

The Alpha growled and turned around to his men, "Get her food,"

This was going to be fun.

Read upto chapter 44 on patreon

www.patreon.com/miakerr