32 | guarigione

Myra

The everlasting pain coursing through my body didn't come to an end when I shifted, revealing my dark wolf to everyone in the packhouse—including Bane. A choice had to be made quickly and when I did have any option, I shifted. Anger boiled deep in my system as I fixated my attention at Roger who seemed to back away. The hunger for injuring and bleeding him to death was strong.

He messed up with the wrong wolf.

I charged at him without a warning, bit into his warm flesh and wounded him. Mercy wasn't valid. I ripped him apart till he purred like a wounded wolf. That was my cue to escape. Too much damage was done, I was hurt and my wolf was revealed. I peeked to my side and found a way to escape.

When I glanced back at Bane, I found compassion surfacing his wild eyes as he came into realization. There was no way I was going to stay here for another moment. My heart wrenched and cried along with my wolf as I ran, making my way out of the city.

He followed me.

I sensed it. His wolf behind me, trying to get a hold of me but I was faster—faster than an Alpha. I was trained to be a wild monster, I was trained to kill Alpha's, beat them and destroy their packs. Sympathy or regrets weren't going to do any good now, I had made my mind up, to leave and never return, to make sure that Bane would wither with pain and a craving that only I could fulfill.

The breeze shifted and the weather turned cold as I ran through the bare and wintry woods that led to the north where I could find shelter for a few days. The northern leaders—Alpha's were more cold, and old. That's where I came from, a town in the north and that was where I was going now.

The splinters in the woods pierced into my paws, causing a bit of uproar in the pain that was already in my body but I didn't stop there. I ran for a few more minutes, the time passed by quickly and once I reached the snowy mountains, I stopped.

Looking down, I found the rough woods and the city ahead of me. I was far away from it. Bane could never know which route I took, he could never find me.

When I shifted back into a human, I fell on the ground, my bare back rubbing against the snow as I looked up at the sky. My throat clenched as tears came out of me. There was a lot of pain. More than I could handle. I sobbed and whimpered like a child and curled into a tight ball to keep myself warm. My cheeks turned wet and I closed my eyes tightly.

Everything was ruined.

The chances of ever being with someone—being in love, was ruined.

I was ruined just like the rogue I was. I had no home, no friends, and no family to look back too. Wherever I went, I was fucked, literally, in the ass. Four years ago, the city was my hope and it was all great until I was captured. The chances of living the same life were impossibly low. There was no purpose of my life.

I had to hide in the shadows, away from packs, away from Alpha's and away from wolves to keep myself alive.

That was all.

•••

I woke up in an unknown bed and warmth surrounding around me. Thick patches covered the injuries that Roger had given. Just thinking about him dived all memories back into my head and I jolted up.

I looked around and noticed the source of light. There was a fireplace in front of the bed I was laying on and the warmth came directly from there. To my surprise, I wasn't naked anymore instead I was covered in impressive clothes.

It scared me but relieved me at the same time. I wasn't dead. The weather at the mountains I was in was turning my blood cold and I had no idea when I passed away into the oblivion.

My heart skipped a beat when a man—a boy appeared on the doorway. When he stepped inside, I saw him.

"Who are you?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion as I tried to remember the boy. He resembled someone but I couldn't understand who it was.

The boy looked muscular but he had a young face, and I could assume that he was in his teens. His one eye was green just as mine and the other one was blue, a bright blue shade that intimadated the ocean.

"Is it hurting?" He asked, ignoring my question and looking at my wounds. "The injuries? I tried my best—"

"You're a werewolf?" I snapped.

"Yes. Aren't we all?" He laughed and sat down beside me.

I backed away, frightened. Someone had found me and that someone wasn't Bane or any of his pack members. "Where am I?" My eyes quickly moved around the room and I looked out of the windows to find nothing except for snow and darkness.

It was nighttime.

"We are at the cliff side—"

"You mean the north?"

"Yes,"

"How did I get here? And, who are you?" I repeated again. The boy seemed no danger to me but there were so many questions, so many confusions and thoughts that I was tangled in. I had seen him somewhere, somewhere in my past but I couldn't get to where and when.

"I was hiking around the mountains and found you a few hours ago. I bought you here. It's okay, I'm a werewolf too," he replied.

"A rogue?"

"No, I belong to a pack but currently, I'm residing here, away from the civilization. The humans frustrate me and my Alpha, he's a dickhead." He spoke like a free person. His tone was soft and caring and his voice again reminded me of someone.

"Do I know you?"

The boy shrugged and then shook his head, "I don't think so we have ever met before,"

"Do you know I'm a rogue?" The term was lone-wolf but a lot of wolves preferred calling us rogues.

"Yes, I know that."

"And, yet you are here, sitting beside me without a single worry?"

"Well, you wouldn't harm me because you're wounded, unable to shift or move without help." He said with a smile full of care. I didn't know if it was an act or his true nature. A wolf couldn't be that caring.

I tried to stand up but found no energy inside me, "Ugh. What the fuck is this?" I whispered. My back was almost broken and moving was difficult.

"My friend was around and she's healer so she injected you with a few herbs that would quicken the process. You should be fine in a day or two," The boy said, coming by my side.

"Thank you," I said, groaning.

"If you're hungry, I can get you something,"

"Yes, please, I'm starving."

The boy stood up in a flash and headed towards the door to leave. He was beyond nice and I was in disbelief—no one could be that nice.

"Wait," I said, stopping him on his tracks. "How far is the city from here?" It was more like, how far was I from Bane.

"Ampleforth?"

"Yes,"

"Two hours away if you drive and one hour if you take the path from the woods but I wouldn't suggest running away right now, you're in too much pain and it could cause internal bleeding if you move excessively." He said, sweetly.

Who was this boy?

Read the full book on patreon quicker; www.patreon.com/miakerr or the next chapter on Inkitt