The orderly picked up the container and took it away, placing it somewhere where the patients wouldn't be able to get to it.
He blinked a couple of times, before nodding, turning away from where the container had been. "Yeah. Just this place."

"Are you sure?"
Something about the look on his face had told me otherwise; that it was more than just being at Eichen.

"Yeah," he nodded, before reaching his hand down and grabbing my own, squeezing softly. "Come on."

The five of us followed the doctor as he led us down the stairwell towards where they kept the supernatural beings.
"I'll remind you that I'm only doing this as a favour to Deaton," the doctor informed us. "And I'm doing it against my better judgement."

"Hey, what's the etiquette for talking to this guy?" Stiles asked as we trailed behind. "I mean, do you ever look at the other eye?"

"I wouldn't. In fact, while you're down here, try not to make eye contact with anyone or anything."

"I can't even imagine how many things are here that we've never seen before," I said to Stiles.

Apparently, the doctor had heard me, nodding at my statement. "You're quite right; you couldn't imagine. That's why I strongly advise that you all heed my warning."

We were walking down a small hallway when I began to feel it. Walking towards the gate at the end was becoming increasingly more difficult. I looked over to Scott and Kira, noticing they had stopped walking completely, scanning the area.

I stopped also, to which Stiles gave me a confused look. Shaking my head I used my free hand to gesture to the walls. "Something's not right."

"You didn't think you were all going, did you?" the doctor asked when he reached the gate and looked back at the three of us.

"It's mountain ash, isn't it?" Scott asked.

"Everywhere, but heavily concentrated down here," the man explained. He unlocked the gate with a keycard, nodding to Lydia and Stiles. "Valack's cell is the last one at the end of the hall."

When Lydia and Stiles both stood still, Scott tried to give them a reassuring smile. "We'll be right here."

Stiles looked down at me, to which I also nodded. "It's fine. You two go, talk to Valack, figure out what we're up against."

"Okay," he replied softly.

After a moment of hesitation, he let go of my hand. Scott, Kira and I then watched them both walk through the door, down the hallway that would lead them to Valack.

♧♤♢♡

We had been waiting for Stiles and Lydia to get back for almost ten minutes now and had heard nothing. I tried my hearing, but nothing was really working.

I just wished I knew what was going on down there.

I focussed again, but it was like the harder I tried, the weaker I felt. I decided to take a break from trying, leaning against the wall a couple of metres down from Kira.

"I can't hear anything," Scott said as he walked back over to Kira. "Must be the mountain ash."

Kira nodded, "I feel it too."

"Same here," I chimed in. "More than I ever have before."

"To be honest, I feel a little weak."

Scott nodded in agreement with both of us. "Yeah, it's like being sedated."

"It's not fun," I mumbled, shifting on my feet uncomfortably to keep the feeling in my legs.

Kira watched my movement, before glancing over at Scott, "This was a bad idea, wasn't it?"