XXVI

Friend.

Those words rung in Harry's ears over and over again, haunting him, suffocating him. He felt his heart shatter in a million porcelain pieces. How could he be so dumb and not realize what Louis meant?

Louis' breath hitching was what broke Harry out of his thoughts. The younger boy quickly snapped his head to look at the white haired boy that was sleeping peacefully on his chest, hands all over him, gripping on him like his life depended on it. Harry felt his own fingers move in between Louis' roots as he caressed him gently. It's been enough time for Harry's heart to adjust at the position they were in and it finally calmed down to Harry's relief.

Right now, they were in Louis' cabin in one of the bedrooms. Louis' exactly. Harry awkwardly chose one of the bedrooms after Louis ditched him and went to sleep, saying he needed some time alone. It wasn't long until Louis made his mind and came crawling to Harry, without a word. And that's how they ended up here.

At first, Harry actually went home, not wanting to bother Louis anymore and the older boy furrowed his eyebrows in response, but nodded nonetheless.

Let's just say, things home weren't exactly better. ' Worse ' would be the appropriate word to describe it. The moment Harry arrived home was the moment he realized that his worst nightmare came true.

Harry inhaled a deep breath in his chest, before he saw his own hand tremble its way to the doorknob. His fingers lingered on it for seconds before taking all the strength he had in him and opened the door. The image in front of him screamed pure chaos.

Lying to himself he shouted " Mom? " He dared take a step inside, then another one, until he reached the base of the stairs. His breath hitched at the sound of footsteps approaching him.

" What the hell do you want Harry? " his father growled at him, slurred words escaping from betwix his lips.

Harry bit his lip anxiously as he slowly turned his head towards his father. " Where's mom? " His voice trembled at the lack of presence of his sweet lovely mother.

His father burst into maniacal laughter, before bringing the bottle from his hand to his mouth. His eyes were bloodshot and his grey hair was messed up and greasy. He looked horrible. " Can't you put one and one together, son? "

Harry wanted to grimace at the word ' son '.

" She left. "

And if things weren't as hurtful as they were, now Harry was sure. It was horrible. But he knew Louis needed a friend. He doesn't have anyone. And he'd be glad to be that person. Just looking at his peaceful face made Harry forget all the horrible things he's done in his life. Harry took in another deep breath before kissing the top of his crush's head and shifting slightly into a more comfortable position. His eyes were extremely tired, his eyelids threatening to drop any moment.

    Restlessness began to bite at him and make him subtly shift in the comfy bed, trying not to wake Louis. The white haired boy let out a soft whine at the moving surface underneath him and that was all it took for Harry to freeze. His eyes that were previously glued on the ceiling, fell on the sleeping beauty. Staring at him only made him sigh more and close his eyes.

    Harry finds himself waking about when it was still dark outside. He moves around the bed, hands blindly searching for a source of warmth. He instantly jumps up when he realizes that Louis isn't next to him. His legs retreat next to his chest, his strong arms holding his knees.