XXII

Oh my god, guys! Thank you so much for 4K! It means a lot to me! ❤️
-

The first thing that greeted Harry was chaos. Pure chaos. The boy was met with a vase that flew just above his head, almost hitting him. He flinched back at the sound of it breaking and shattering all around, eyes widening at the sight. His parents were both furious, yelling at each other.

He couldn't stand to look at the sight. Both of his parents were at each other's throats, cussing, and things flying around. This time it was a pan, that broke the window's glass, leaving a mess behind.

He was scared and confused. What was even happening?

Tears started brimming his eyes, threatening to stream down his cheeks as his heart was pounding hard in his chest, bumping on the rib cage like a bird trying to escape. Millions of emotions were clouding his heart, not being used to this. It ached at the sight of his parents almost killing each other. He just arrived home from a beautiful trip only to be met with this sight?

Without thinking twice, he barged out of the house, bursting into sobs and hot tears as he did so. And to make things even better, it started raining outside, countless drops melting the dirty, scarce snow that was there. Numerous thoughts were crossing his mind as he was running, his legs threatening to fail him. He didn't see where he was going since his hands were covering his eyes so he accidentally stepped in a puddle as he was wandering down the streets.

When he felt his legs get tired, he decided to stop at a wet bench and rest, not even caring at this point that it was wet. He just sat down and sighed, trying to calm himself down from what just happened. He didn't even have time to process it, because everything happened so fast.

His sobs died out, his eyes finally leaving the ground, instead replacing it with the sky. It was a dark yellow with hues of orange from here and there, perfectly blending with each other. Harry didn't realize how long he has been out as the sky bled into nightfall right in front of his eyes and the rain calmed down. He just needed a little time alone.

    The sky outside was as overcast as Harry's mind. When the rain finally started to calm down, Harry took his eyes for the first time in a while off it and instead, they fixed in the ground. One spade in the ground shows how much water is there, running in to fill the hole. The street was a mess as he stared along, noticing a few more imperfections in the ground. Turns out, not only his life is imperfect.

To be honest, right now he didn't feel like going home, so instead he called Liam who responded almost instantly. Just as he opened his mouth to talk, no words escaped, instead another stream of tears started dripping down his cheeks as memories flooded his mind again.

" Harry? Are you okay? " Liam's soft, worried voice asked quickly. " Where are you? " he asked again when the only response he got were sobs.

Harry forced himself to stop, his sobs quieting down, then took a few deep breaths before words finally had the courage to escape his mouth.

It hasn't even been ten minutes and Liam was already there, madly opening the door and hurried to Harry's side who was sitting in the bench, face down and shoulders slumped, every piece of clothing glued to his skin almost as if it tried to merge with the other. " Come on, Harry. Let's get you dried up. " he mumbled as he helped Harry up and guided him towards his car.

That was a few days ago, and Harry hasn't left Liam's house ever since. He even borrowed some of his clothes and Niall came along to check on his best friend. Honestly, Harry was so glad to have them as friends, but he felt bad for staying so much at Liam's and feeling like a nuisance. So, today was the last night spent at him before finally finding the courage to step foot in his own home again.