XIV

" Forgive me, Tiny, for how I behaved. It's times like these I realize how selfish I was. I suffocated her, not letting her love you when you needed it more than myself. So let me grant you, as a goodbye gift someone who will love you more than I ever could, in hopes that you'll forgive me. She's kin to who she saved a long time ago. I am aware of the fact that I present myself as a coward and for that, I deeply apologize, but I can't do this anymore. This only proves that I haven't changed and I will never get the chance to do so.

Yours sincerely,
G "

The letter in his trembling hands soon met the wet touch of a salt tear that escaped from those sorrowful eyes. For as long as they existed, the only feeling they had part of was sadness and emptiness, not letting other emotions imprint themselves in them.

-

The moment Harry heard the alarm clock go off, his first instinct was to reach his phone and turn it off, not even opening his eyes. His hand retreated under the cover, sauntering for the perfect spot right next to his warm torso. Not even a few seconds passed that he opened his eyes in sudden, his head shortly hoisting up panicked. As he did that, he instantly got up from his bed and skimmed towards the closet to quickly grab some clothes and throw them carelessly on his toned body. He stumbled as he took on his trousers, almost falling on his face, but he grabbed a nearby chair for support.

    He hastened downstairs, grabbing the cleanest shoes he found and threw them on, leaving the house and closing the door quietly, before his pace fastened until he was far enough from his house. He woke up half an hour earlier than he usually did, so he went on foot to school since time was at his disposition.

    His phone was in his jacket's pocket, earphones in his ear, listening to music and blocking all the loud sounds around him. As he was walking through the broad streets of the city, his mind was filled with faint panic. He didn't want to hear this morning's bickering so he just left off to school earlier. The usual agitation, noise that Harry was accustomed to, was nonexistent, the only feeling present now, engulfing Harry in a more relaxed stare, was the peaceful silence, no hurried loud people, no aggressive car honks and no swearing. It was good for him as he got to clear his head before the first period.

    The sky was still dark outside, not one cloud being visible on it, only a few weak rays being discernible from behind one of those skyscrapers that stood there proudly and showed off their unimaginable height. He took his phone out, scrolling down and looking for new messages to respond and occupy his time with. Of course everyone was sleeping at this time of the day and Harry sighed, putting it back in his pocket. His stomach grumbles and that reminded Harry that he hadn't eaten this morning, so he went to a close small shop and bought himself some pastry to comfort his bothered stomach.

    As Harry was literally a few feet away from entering the school yard, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket and he thought that maybe it was Liam or Niall asking for him to skip first period, so he took it out and stared at the screen. His face instantly fell. His mother's never calls him while he's at school, so he's just confused. And he wasn't in the mood for this, so he hesitated before answering.

    He exhaled deeply, bringing the phone to his ear only to be met with his mother's voice. " Harry? Where are you? Are you at school? Did someone bring you there? " so many questions were asked that Harry felt his head explode from all this chatter. It was still early in the morning and he wasn't in the mood for this.

    " Yeah mom, I'm at school. " he stopped in front of the principal door and looked around only to see a few scattered students going inside the building.