XXV

Omg, school started and it sucks
And Zayn's a father, I can't believe it 🥺
Anyways, here's a new chapter :)
-

" Should I bring in the next tray of cookies? " Harry's voice sounded from the other room.

" Yes, Harry sweetie. " Liam's mother replied as he took out a tray of cookies and placed them on the counter.

Niall was lurking around like a cat out hunting, hoping to steal some of the cookies but Liam's mother slapped his hand away. Meanwhile, Liam was chilling somewhere in the living room, watching a movie.

For the past weeks, Harry has been staying either at Liam's or Niall's, so helping out was the least he could do.

He shows up in the kitchen, wearing a checkered apron and matching gloves as he held the tray. He loved helping around Liam's mother. It brought a smile to his face. At least he helped some parent around during winter holiday.

He hasn't been home lately, only when it was a necessity. All his things were at the boys' houses, carefully placed around. Things at home weren't as beautiful as they were here. It was pure chaos. And that saddened Harry. But he shook his head, chasing those thoughts away as he put on a fake dimpled smile and followed Liam's mother around the kitchen.

Today, the boys were baking cookies for Liam's and Niall's parents who were actually really good family friends. Niall's parents were coming over shortly.

Liam's sweet mother asked Harry if he wanted his own parents to come over, to which he quickly shook his head and stuttered out a quiet ' no '. She didn't ask further questions as he saw his uncomfortable expressions, so she just nodded blandly.

Harry's phone ringed from time to time, and had numerous texts from his mother. His father barely bothered to write something to him, even though his mother insisted through texts that they were both worried about him. He thought of blocking their numbers, but decided against that.

He just hated the atmosphere home. His parents were constantly yelling at each other and sometimes throwing things, which put Harry in danger and he decided that it was for the best he left without a word. He just left a vague note in case any of his parents cared.

    Right now, Harry was sat at the table along with the other two families chatting and laughing. The other people there tried to include Harry in the conversations, but he always gave dry responses and played with his food instead. He can't help feeling sad at the sight in front of him, wondering what his own parents might be doing. Liam places his hand comfortingly on his thigh, worry filled eyes staring at him, but Harry never looked back. He felt sick in his stomach.

    " Excuse me. " he muttered out as he slowly got up from the table, the chair screeching in the process and took his plate towards the sink.

    " Harry, darling, are you alright? " Liam's mother asked him, her tone laced with worry around the edges.

    " I'm just tired. I think I'm going to sleep. Thank you for this. " he muttered quietly, his eyes glued on the ground, before quickly skimming upstairs.

    In the background, Niall and Liam's voices could be heard before steps started to follow Harry's trail.

    " Harry, are you alright? " Liam asked in a hushed tone as they reached Harry.

    The lad doesn't respond, instead just throws himself on the bed, face first in the pillow. Niall glanced at Liam worryingly, before bending down and sitting down next to him, the cushion bending under his weight. He nuzzles his face in Harry's curls, trying to gain some reaction from him.