IX

This morning Harry woke up, thanks to the light that invaded his room. He groaned, turning to one side and pushing his face into the pillow. Suddenly, he sat up panicked, remembering it is a school morning. He hurried to his phone from the nightstand next to his bed and looked at his clock. It was 9 am. And he had two missed calls from Farren.

    Shit.

    And the worst thing was, he told his mother not to wake him up, since Farren was going to take him to school today. And guess what.

    " Fucking hell. " he stood up form his bed, and stumbled into the bathroom, quickly brushing his teeth. He already missed his first period and, to make things worse, he most likely left Farren hanging.

    " Yes, mom, I'll wake up. " he mocked himself, looking in the mirror at his ruffled chocolate locks. " Fuck's sake. " he cursed once again. " Alright, Harry. Stop cussing and get ready. " he told himself.

    He didn't even eat, since he was so stressed for being late to the second period. He grabbed some jeans that were carelessly thrown around the room and a shirt that he buttoned up as he went downstairs. The problem was, how is he going to get to school?

    I'll get a taxi. he thought as he messaged Farren, apologizing.

    He stood outside, in front of his house waiting for the taxi to arrive. " Hurry up, good God. " he said frustrated with himself that he couldn't wake up.

    He entered the backseat of the taxi, not wanting to risk himself by staying next to someone he didn't know. And may I add, he was thirty years older than him. During the ride to school, he received an angry text from Farren, to which he apologized once again. He then noticed the time and sighed frustrated. He has been dating Farren for almost a month now and it seemed like most of the time they were fighting, because he was an incompetent moron.

    I really like her. What is wrong with me? Why am I always screwing this up?

    He finally arrived to high school, and threw some cash to the driver carelessly, hurrying to arrived at his class. He's twenty minutes late.

    Is it even worth going now? He shook his head and entered the building.

    He was walking down the hall embarrassed that he was late, preparing his speech for his teacher. The boy found himself standing in front of the door, and hesitated before resting his hand on the doorknob and pulling it down, opening the door.

    " Well, if it isn't Styles. " the teacher said sarcastically. " You're a little late, don't you think? " and before Harry could even respond. " I'll talk to the headmaster about this. It's unacceptable! " he said offended, throwing his hands in the air.

    " It's my first time being late! " Harry tried to argue, but the teacher shushed him.

    " I always knew you were bad news. " the teacher said, his eyes falling on his tattoos suggestively.

    What do tattoos even have to do with being late to class?

    " Sit down and get out of my sight. " the teacher turned away, continuing the lesson.

    Harry didn't even say anything anymore, since he was at loss of words. And he didn't want to get into anymore trouble. It's enough as it is for today.

    The whole hour, the teacher picked up on him, even for the dumbest reasons. Harry grew frustrated with this, but he said nothing nonetheless. Most of the time Harry muttered fragments of words, not even locking eyes with the teacher, his gaze being fixed on his notebook. And when the teacher asked him what he was saying, he was just closing his mouth, not even bothering to continue. He felt uncomfortable as the whole class was staring at him. He felt his skin burn from all the gazes fixed on him. Some of them were even whispering and laughing. Harry didn't look at them.