Chapter 08: Naoyu

When both Xiayu and Naoyu were young, their childhood felt bright and curious. They explored the manor, mischievously shot rocks at the squirrels and mice, then got chased by said squirrels and mocked by the mice.

Did they learn their lesson? Yes...but for only three days then they were right back at it again.

Life was good.

They had warm food and servants to look after them. Their parents did not spend time with them, but the girls were too occupied to care too much.

Though their cousins were mean and nasty boys, they eventually learned they can throw rocks at them just as they do the squirrels and mice. After losing to the girls, they run off and pout like babies. It was truly exhilarating and gut bursting to watch.

Admittedly Naoyu enjoyed this activity more than Xiayu.

Although they both are twins and look identical, their thoughts and personalities are quite different. Where Naoyu enjoys the mischievousness of life, Xiayu prefers to watch rather than join in.

Naoyu loves to run around in the sun, Xiayu prefers the shade and taking naps. Where Naoyu hates dresses, Xiayu doesn't mind them. Well only if they are light and uncomplicated. She'd be the first to throw a fit when forced into that multi layered torture device.

With all their differences there are still similarities. Both girls don't mind getting dirty. They hate dressing up. Jewelry is useless and gets in the way. Beating up their cousins is enjoyable.

Climbing trees and pretending they're fortes they must protect is another joy of theirs. They'd collect sticks and stones to throw at any and all that got near. Which included the servants and their annoying cousins. Those boys would even try to take over the tree if they let their guard down!

Of course the girls suffered losses, but most of the time they beat the boys back and laughed as they ran away in defeat.

Yes, Naoyu and Xiayu's childhood was good.

Eventually though, the girls realized that something was missing.

Their parents, unlike their cousins who'd boast about theirs, were never around. Admittedly the girls did see their mother at least once a month, but they never looked forward to it. Both Xiayu and Naoyu were secretly afraid of her.

As for their father, if they were lucky they'd catch his silhouette, then they'd see him once, maybe twice a year, on birthdays or new year celebrations. Never alone though.

At this point the girls had made a new game which had two parts. This game was named Operation Monster Flash.

Part one of the game deals with a monster. This 'Monster' is not your typical monster. This Monster is a secret code for Mother. So in other words this part of the game revolves around their mother.

The rules are simple. Whoever can't stand staying with Mother for one hour without running away is a winner. Whoever loses is forced to wear those complicated dresses and be shoved off to dance while eating spicy snacks with no water.

Their score is thus.

Naoyu: 0/55

Xiayu: 0/55

It's safe to say the girls gave up a long time ago on this part of the game. It was much too hard! QAQ

Now what was left was the second part of Operation Monster Flash, which deals with Flash. This part was supposed to deal with their Father. Since he was always gone in a flash, this was his code name for the girls.

Admittedly they never figured out this part of the game since they became too absorbed with part one. Hence once they gave up on part one, part two was forgotten.