Chapter 5 ~ The cave

After riding Appa for a while, we stopped at a valley with a small river. We got settled in, and then we all rushed to the river. Aang and Katara started practicing waterbending, Sokka somehow found a huge leaf and was resting on it and I was sitting on the edge of the river, slowly kicking my feet around to make ripples.

I looked at Sokka. His hair was down and in his eyes, and his chest was bare. He was so cute like that. I mean, as far as cute goes. Which wasn't very far... I mean... Nevermind.

I closed my eyes and took some time to bathe in the sun.

Time skip - 1 hour

"You guys are going to be done soon, right? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today." Asked Sokka.

Katara got up and turned to Sokka. "What? Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?"

"I could be ready in two minutes. Seriously, whenever." He said, pulling the hair from his eyes.

"So you were showing me the octopus form?" Said Aang.

"Right, let me see your stance."

Aang got into a stance, and Katara walked toward him to fix it.

"Your arms are too far apart. See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?" She said, touching his arms to guide them in the right stance. If I didn't know better, I'd say she had a crush on him. They would go well together.

"Oh, thanks" Said Aang.

"Okay, let's see what you got."

Aang made 8 tentacles. He cast away the ice pieces Katara threw at him. Then he grabbed Katara's leg and pulled on it.

"You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang." Katara said.

"Hey Y/N, look at this!"

I turned to look at Aang, who was wiggling inside an octopus made with the water. I laughed.

In the distance I heard some music. Before long, we saw some nomads playing music and singing a song I had never heard before.

"Da da da. Don't fall in love with the traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted."

The one with the dramyin (It's Chong) came up to us and said. "Hey, river people!"

"We're not river people." Katara replied.

"You're not? Well then what kind of people are you?"

"Just ... people." Aang said, confused.

"Aren't we all, brother?"

"Who are you?" Said Sokka,

"I'm Chong and this is my wife, Lily. We're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us!"

Chong then took and position like a rock star and strummed his dramyin.

"You guys are nomads? That's great! I'm a nomad!" Said Aang excitedly.

"Hey me too!" Said Chong, on the same tone as Aang.

"I know... you just said that."

"Oh."

Chong took a look at Sokka and said. "Nice underwear."

Sokka grabbed Momo, the lemur of the group, placed him in front of his underwear and scurried away.

We got settled on Appa with the nomads. Katara was getting her hair braided by Lily, and one of the others was placing little pink flowers in my hair, like the ones on Zuri's stone.