Chapter 34 ~ Confusion

After putting all of our things in their place, Zuko and I went off to get some lunch with the rest of the Gaang.

When we got to the camp, Sokka and Aang were missing and Katara was glaring daggers at Zuko.

"Come here, I want to talk to you." She beckoned to Zuko.

He glanced at me. I shrugged. It couldn't possibly hurt. He went off to talk to her, and I took a seat next to Toph.

"Thanks for sticking up for me." I said.

"No problem." Toph responded, punching my arm. "It's not like I needed you. It was just a bit boring because Katara was so annoying."

I grinned. "I missed you too."

A small smile made its way to Toph's delicate lips. "Thanks, Ashie."

"How are your feet?."

"They still hurt from last night, but Katara healed them a little and I put them in cool water so it's not that bad. It sucks not being able to see with my feet though. I don't know how you guys do it."

"I don't know how you manage without your eyes. I would be lost without them."

"It's like my eyes are on my feet, except I can see farther."

"But you can't see details right? Just the big picture."

"Yeah. But I never needed the details. A rough image was always enough."

"I don't know. I'd rather be able to see less things, but see all the little nooks and crannies of my opponent's strategy."

"You're just used to it."

"Yeah, I guess so."

At this point, Katara and Zuko came back from their little talk. Aang joined us at the same time.

"Let's eat!" Aang chirped, rubbing his hands together and licking his lips. "I'm starving!"

"Where's Sokka?" Asked Zuko.

"He rushed off earlier." Responded the small bald monk. "After saying some weird stuff about you and Zuko being loud. I don't know, he didn't seem too happy about you too being in the same room."

"He said what?" I said, blushing furiously. I'm pretty sure Zuko turned as red as I did.

"Who cares?" Whined Aang. "I just want to eat!"

"Ok then." Katara passed out plates, took some bread and vegetables she had and shared them between all of us.

I stared eating hungrily.

"So when do we start my training?" Asked Aang, although it was a little hard to hear since his mouth was full of brown bread.

Zuko raised an eyebrow, seemingly in though. After a few seconds, he spoke. "As soon as you want. We can even start after we finish eating if you want."

"Alright!" Aang cheered, jumping at least six feet in the air with excitement.

After hastily scarfing down his food, he stood up and smiled from ear to ear. "Let's go!"

Zuko sighed, putting down his plate. "Alright then. I know you're probably nervous, but remember, firebending in it of itself is not something to fear."

"Okay. Not something to fear."

"But if you don't respect it, it'll chew you up and spit you out like an angry komodo rhino!'

Aang's confident expression faltered a little, but he got himself back together. "I'm ready."

"Good. Now show me what you've got. Any amount of fire you can make."