Chapter 27 ~ On the other side

Aang's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I sat up with some difficulty, because of the bandages on my arms. I had a splitting headache.

"What happened?" I mumbled, looking around. That's when I noticed the room I was in was decorated with Fire Nation banners. "Oh no!"

Using my glider as a crutch, I got out of my room and rounded a corner. I spotted two guards talking to each other.

"You hear something?" Asked the larger one of the two. I hid behind the corner, took a deep breath and sent a gust of wind towards them. I must have been really injured, because their hair barely even ruffled.

"He's awake!" Exclaimed the smaller one, starting to chase me. "Wait!"

I ran as fast as I could and got to the deck of the ship. In my hurry, I tripped on my feet and landed straight on my face. I felt a small tongue licking at my cheek.

I turned around, looking for the source of the affection.

"Momo?" I asked surprised.

"Twinkle Toes! That's got to be you!" Toph said.

"Aang, you're awake!" Katara cheered.

A Fire Nation guard with a familiar voice joined the two girls. "Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy!"

"Sokka?" I asked, feeling drowsy all of a sudden. My headache got stronger, and I just closed my eyes and felt myself fall.

"Uh-oh, somebody catch him, he's going to-"

Time skip - 20 minutes

I woke up once again, on the same bed as before. Toph, Katara and Sokka were sitting next to me.

"Why are we on a Fire Nation ship? Why is everyone dressed this way? And why am I the only one who's completely out of it?" I asked.

"You need to take it easy, okay? You got hurt pretty bad." Katara smiled. "By the way, I like your hair."

My hands shot to the top of my head. "I have hair? How long was I out?"

"A few weeks."

A large, buff man entered the room.

"Everything ok?"

"We're fine, Dad." Katara huffed.

The man grinned good-naturedly and held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Hakoda, Katara and Sokka's father."

"He knows who you are. I just called you "Dad", didn't I?"

Hakoda looked downcast. "I guess you're right."

I took his hand anyways. "Nice to officially meet you, Chief Hakoda."

He smiled a little. "It's nice to officially meet you."

"Great, great, so now you guys have finally met. So would you mind giving us a little privacy?" Katara said, getting more and more annoyed by the second.

"Of course." He said, walking away.

"Are you mad at your dad or something?" I asked.

She feigned innocence. "What, not at all. Why would you say that?"

I tried to shrug but immediately felt a wave of pain shoot through my body.

"Maybe we should go upstairs." Katara said, helping me up. "You need a healing session."

I nodded, and she brought me to another room, where she used her water to heal me.

"Tell me where the pain feels most intense."