Chapter 41 ~ Moving house

The next day, I was woken up suddenly by the sound of a blast of fire. I forced myself awake, rubbing my eyes and looking around me.

Aang was already in action, jumping around on the roofs of the houses and temples, using his glider to airbend away incoming bombs of some sort.

I looked up in the sky only to see an airship bearing the Fire Nation crest, coming right towards us. It was from there that came the bombs.

More bombs were launched as the rest of the Gaang and I ran out of the buildings. The explosives rained down on the Western Air temples, destroying some.

We all grouped ourselves at the campsite, where Sokka and Katara's dad and the others who were saved from the failed invasion attempt were waiting for us. I didn't even know their names.

Toph and another earthbender had made a tunnel for us to pass through.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" Said Toph loudly.

Sokka, Katara, as well as the rest of the people followed her lead, marching through the tunnel. Just as I was about to go in, I turned around to make sure I was being followed. However, I noticed Zuko standing in front of the airship, making no move as to join us.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Go ahead! I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." He said, running off towards the airship.

"Zuko! No!" Said Aang, who was going to get in the tunnel right after me.

Katara and Sokka must have heard the commotion, since they stopped moving forward and came back to see what was going on.

"Come on! We've gotta get out of here!" Said Sokka.

Zuko ignored him, still chasing after the airship.

Sokka just rolled his eyes. "Come on, we need to get Appa in the tunnel!"

I nodded and helped Aang, Sokka and Katara pull on the sky bison's reins in an attempt to make him budge. He wasn't going anywhere though.

I tried my hardest to convince Appa to go into the tunnel, and even considered using my fire. I ultimately decided against it, since it would be cruel and would have no other effect then scaring the poor bison.

For above Appa's furry head, I could see a fight play out between Zuko and what seemed to be Azula. Blasts of fire were zooming through the sky, blue and orange clashing together in a fury of heat.

"I can't get him to go in there! Appa hates tunnels!" Aang resigned.

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Said Katara.

"We'll have to find a way!"

"We need to split up." Decided Sokka, turning to the others who had paused in the tunnel, waiting for our next move. "Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship."

"No!" Said Katara. "The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!"

Her dad walked up to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "It'll be okay. It's not forever."

Katara seemed to hesitate for a moment, before sighing and hugging her dad. She joined the rest of us, close to Aang.

Toph walked over to us as well after closing the tunnel she had created. She pointed at another wall, putting her hand on it to sense vibrations.

"I can clear that away and we can fly out through there!"

"There's an awful lot of fire in that general direction..." Sokka said.