Chapter 30

My art's project at the end of the chapter~

Elijah P.O.V

When I saw Mikael’s fury and how he went on chasing Mr. Brown, I knew that the old man was dead. However, hearing the confirmation from my mate after he came back, finally let the fact that he’s dead anchor in my mind. I can’t believe someone that took control over my life for so many years died just like that. In my memories, he was tall and imposing, but now he’s just a weak old man. Even when I think back to the old days, he was never that tall and strong. I think he did all those things to me and the other kids to make himself feel more powerful and in control. I really don’t know why I was so afraid of him…

I give a big hug to Mikael to let him know that I’m not mad at him for killing the pedophile, because I can’t stand how he fiddles with his fingers and puts his weight from one foot to another anymore. He looks just so anxious of making me mad, it’s so cute.

I’m going to kiss him, but the sound of sirens stops me. It seems like the police finally decided to show up. My mate and I look into each other's eyes and reach a silent agreement not to tell the policemen about Mr. Brown. They only need to take the hunter away, they don’t need to know about the dead body lying in broken pieces on the forest’s ground. Maybe in the future they will find him, but they will only conclude that he was attacked by some wild animals. His body is too broken to recognize which animal did it anyways.

After giving our testimony to the policemen, they take the unconscious disfigured man away and don’t give us any more trouble. Everything is finished. From what I know, the only treats to our peace are gone. Mr. Brown is dead, and the hunter will wish he is.

“Do you want to go see if Jaydon is out of surgery?” my demonic mate asks and I quickly bob my head up and down, before taking his hand in mine and going upstairs. I can’t let my mate roam around in his lion onesie. I don’t want anymore people to see his cute side. At least, when we change into our wolf’s form our clothes don’t shred or he would have been naked. Wolves are pretty territorial, so Mikael doesn't want to change into others’ clothes, even if it’s his brother’s or father’s, but by now his clothes should have been washed and dried.

As I thought, they are and he quickly put on a white T-shirt and black jeans, which match my clothes. I briefly ponder on if it’s intentional, before deciding not to give too many thoughts in this surely coincidental act. He must have taken the clothes on a whim. We go downstairs and Mikael takes some familiar keys, before leading me to his old red Lamborghini. It seems like only Jaydon changed his car.

We enter the flashy car and soon, I have the wind ruffling my hair and the loud sound of music assaulting my poor eardrums. I feel something wet touch my hand which is on my thigh and turn to see Oreo’s face. It seems like he nuzzled my hand with his humid nose. We had completely forgotten about him after the explosion. I don’t know where he was until now, but he doesn’t seem injured so everything’s alright.

Mikael parks the car at the hospital and we quickly get off with Oreo on our tail, but I order him to stay. He doesn’t have neither his collar, nor his leash, so I can’t bring him inside. We rush to the receptionist and quickly tell her that we are looking for Mikael’s brother and parents. She does her things on her pc and soon we have Jaydon’s room. Samuel and the baby were luckily not injured so he doesn’t need a room.

We come to a stop in front of Jaydon’s room and I take a big breath before opening the door, expecting to see an ill looking mate attached to many machines, only to see him casually eating some pizza while looking at a tv-show. He doesn’t even have an IV drip…

“Oh, hey guys. Why are you looking at me with such wide eyes? Ah, don’t worry the bullet didn’t damage any tissue or hit the bone and it wasn’t even made in silver, so with my werewolf’s genes I’m totally healed now.” Jaydon casually says while continuing to munch on his pizza. I run toward him and throw myself in his arms, before starting to let out ugly loud sobs.

“H-how could y-you make us w-worry so much!? Who a-asked you to p-protect me? What w-would I have d-done if you h-had died!?” I say while crying. I’m not really mad at him, well a little because he could have died, and it would have ripped my heart into pieces. He knows it too, so he only hugs me back and pat my back while whispering “there, there, everything’s fine now”. After witnessing him getting carried in the ambulance, I realized something. We don’t have an eternity to live together, and we don’t know what the future holds for us. If the bullet had gone a little more to the left, then it would have pierced Jaydon’s heart and he would have died. My mates, or even me, can die at any moments. That’s why I decided to use the time we have together to its maximum.

Which means, I shouldn’t hesitate anymore about giving myself to them. There were two reasons why I didn’t want to mate with them so soon. First, I wanted to make them pay a little and test them, but honestly after seeing Jaydon nearly sacrifice his life for me and Mikael being so mad at those who tried to or hurt me, I think they have redeemed themselves enough. I’m one to easily forgive people and not hold grudges anyways. Second, I was simply afraid of showing the twins my vulnerability. I was afraid to show them my nude body and that they wouldn’t like what they see. I was so afraid that they would reject me. However, I think they can’t prove anymore than this how much they love me. If they say they will love me no matter what, then I should trust their words. I said that I trusted them, but a part of me was still a little mistrustful. I should completely give up my worries and trust them blindly. That’s what mates do.

“I want to mate with both of you” I say while looking at both twins in the eyes alternatively. They look surprised, before looking at each other and having a seemingly mental conversation, which makes me worry a little. Was it too soon? Maybe they are the ones who are not ready?

“If you are sure, then we would be happy to make you ours. However, we want to take you on a date before. We could go to a hotel after the date. If you want of course.” Mikael answers after a few seconds that felt like days. I beam, quickly nod, and throw myself into their arms, before squeezing them to death, while being mindful of Jaydon’s shoulder. Even though he said that he’s fine, his shoulder must still be sore.

We decide to go on a date tomorrow before Alex and Samuel come back into the room with the drinks that they were gone to look for before Mikael and I came. The twins will organize the date tonight and won’t tell me a single thing about it, as to keep the suspense and make me look even more forward to it.

I’m so excited for my first date!

Hey dear readers, their first date! Can you guess what will happen?

There is my art's project for school. It will all be made with gouache. I need to create a cover for a Blues' album~

It took me so much time just to paint the face lol~

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(1315 words)