Chapter 16

Elijah's P.O.V

With the new knowledge that nobody is home, my brain starts to work overtime and comes up with multiple possibilities. It seems like I slept for the whole night and we were already the day after, which is the day I’m supposed to move out. Alexander and Samuel must be at work while Mikael and Jaydon went to school, thus nobody would stop me if I were to take the bus right now.

Looking at my clock, my eyes becomes as wide as balloon when I see that I only have ten minutes until my bus leaves for the next city. Quickly getting up, I stumble a little on my shaking legs, before putting my hand on my bed for support. I’m still weak from the attack, but I don’t have more time to waste on recovering. I will sleep on the ride to my new life.

I have no time to change my clothes, so I only put a hoodie on, take my luggage and Oreo’s leash, before practically flying out of my room like Satan was on my tail. I come to a halt before the kitchen and decide to write a few words to my adoptive family or they will think I have been kidnapped.

Dear family,

I really appreciate everything you have done for me, even though I didn’t deserve it. I decided to stop being a burden and leave. The twins made it pretty clear that I wasn’t welcomed into this house and I understand why. It must have been hard for them to have a total stranger steal their parents before their own very eyes, so be lenient with them please.

I would like to apology for all the trouble I put you through with all my problems. I wanted to tell you all of this face to face yesterday, but you saw how it ended. Therefore, I can only leave you this letter, before taking the bus to a far away city. I know the twins will be happy to see me gone, but Samuel will blame himself, so please only think of me as an adoptive child that was a burden, because that’s what I really was. I hope you forget about me soon, as you should, and don’t try to contact me. For the twins, please treat your mate with the utmost care and don’t hurt her.

I’m sorry I’m such a disgusting coward,

Love you,

A nobody.

I wipe my eyes and watch as a few tears fall on the letter, staining it. At least they didn’t fall on the ink or I would have to write one again, which I don’t have the mental strength to, nor the time. I put the paper on display on the table, before locking the leash after Oreo’s collar and going out of the house, luggage in hand.

I quickly walk to the station, where I see my bus taking in its last passengers. I break out into a sprint and arrive in front of the door just in time before the driver closes it. I take out my ticket, before showing it to him and climbing into the bus after he nodded. I finally sit on a seat in the back before letting my head come in contact with the cold window. Oreo climbs in the seat next to me and puts his head on my laps. I gently pet him behind his ears before I feel my eyelids become heavier. With a small smile stretching my tin lips, I happily fall asleep knowing that when I wake up, I will be in another city, ready to start my new life.

Here I come!

Hey dear readers, I just had a really bad day and now I feel even shittier, because some reader told me "update" in the comments. No "please" or even a proper sentence. With how I was already tired of everything, it really insulted me.

It just irked the shit out of me and I wanted nothing more than to call of the deal I made with you guys (because I didn't even get a thank you from any of you). You just commented on my book to complain.

However, I'm not someone to break promises over something so childish and I thought of all of you who actually support me. It wouldn't be fair to take out my anger on innocent people.

This update is for those who thanks me for my work.

Thank you for reading my book and know that I read every comments you write. They really help me out in situations like this one.

Stay safe~

Don't forget to:

Vote~

Comment~

And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(612 words)