Chapter 15

Please read the note at the end to know about my new schedule~

Elijah’s P.O.V

Now’s not the time for this!

I scratch helplessly at my neck as no sound comes out and everyone look at me, silently urging me to speak, but I can’t. My eyes start to burn, and a strangled yelp finally come out of my mouth. My cheeks turn red in embarrassment and I brutally get up from my chair, making it fly and hit the floor with a loud thud that seems to echo in the silent room where a needle could be heard hitting the floor if someone was to ever drop one. Samuel starts to get up too while looking at me with concerned eyes, but I bolt out of the kitchen and went straight to my room before he could complete his action.

The door close behind me with a loud clunk, but all I can hear is my loud breathing and the sound of my heart pumping in my ears. In my fogged mind, I briefly wonder if the neighbor can hear it, before laughing and falling on my knees, on my carpet, while strongly clutching the tissue of my t-shirt above my chest. Less and less air is entering my lungs and my consciousness is starting to fade away. Black dots are entering my field of vision and I fall on my side.

As I wonder if I will die, a heavy body fall on top of mine before I feel a humid nuzzle push me on my back. My limbs are all pinned to the ground by the animal’s paws before a wet tongue starts to lick my face and distant barks echo in my mind. Slowly coming out of the blank like state my mind was in, I finally come back to reality and heavily gasp and cough as oxygen starts to come back in my burning lungs.

In my still confused mind, I become aware of the fact that Oreo is on top of me, currently licking my face and barking while two people are at my bedroom’s door. I can’t see who they are, because of my blurry sight and Oreo’s face, but I can guess that it’s Alexander and Samuel. Jaydon and Mikael will never care for me, so why would they be at my door?

Ah, maybe to make fun of me.

My body relaxes more and more until I feel like I completely melted into a puddle. Oreo finally stop covering me in saliva and breaking my eardrums, while my eyelids become too heavy for me to keep my eyes open. As my consciousness sway between the awful reality and the wonderful land of dream, I feel myself being picked up by a strong body and put on the bed, before the same person slides under the covers with me and muscled arms wrap around my back. I vaguely ponder on why there is another muscled body sliding under the covers behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist before I surrender to the darkness.

***

Waking up with a headaches isn’t something pleasant, even less if you smell of dried dog’s saliva, and when my mind is finally clear enough to process the fact that I just had an attack and two persons saw it, I feel as if the world was ending. I can’t really remember anything after I was able to breath again, but I know there were two people watching me from the door as I was having my agonizing attack. Now Alexander and Samuel won’t even more let me live on my own after this event. I take my head in my hands and tug at my hair in frustration.

I can’t believe it, I was so near!
I hear Oreo whines and look up to see that he puts his head on my bed and is looking at me with big wet eyes. I scratch him behind his ears with both hands and place a kiss on his forehead as a thank you for helping me. I then realize that I’m alone in my bedroom, Oreo excluded, and I can’t hear anything coming from outside of my bedroom. It can only mean one thing and looking at the hour on my cell phone, my doubts are confirmed.

Nobody’s home.

Hey dear readers, who do you think put him in the bed?

Also, many of you told me about the chapters being too short or not enough chapters per week, so I decided to make a compromise.

I will update each Tuesday and Thursday, starting this week and ending on spetember. In fact, depending on how school will works now with the Covid-19, I may be able to keep up and continue updating 2 chapters/week. However, I'm at my last year, so I will have more work to do and I want to have the best grades possible.

Also, as a project for school I will have to write a book in another language with a setting that I'm not familiar with, so it will be very hard. The project will last for one whole year, so I humbly ask for your comprehension.

Like I said, it will really depends on how school will work and how much work I will have to do, so I will come back with a clearer answer when I have more informations.

Until then, I will try to stock up on as many chapters as I can and, who knows, maybe I will be able to finish this book before school starts again (which would really be great for my mental health and hands).

Thank you for reading my book and please consider supporting me on Tapas, it really helps to boost my motivation to write and it costs nothing (only need to watch videos or play games).

Stay safe~

Don't forget to:

Vote~
Comment~
And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(707 words)