Chapter 9

Sorry guys, I was really busy today.

Elijah P.O.V

My hair whips me in the face as Jaydon drives his mustang at high speed. Why must he go this fast? Does he hate being in my company this much? Not that I like being in his, it's way too awkward between us. He doesn't really insult me or hurt me, not like his brother. Jaydon is just there, existing. 

Soon, I see the shop's name written on a green panel and we get off the car. Alexander has already found a dog's therapy center near our school, even before I agree. I guess he was just that much excited about having a dog. I think he will spend more time with the dog, than the animal will with me. I like dog, well I like animals in general. They are the last ones that will betray you, that is if they will, which won't happen. Animals tend to show what they think, their eyes are clear, without shadows. They don't hide behind masks, like humans do. That's what I like about them, their honesty.

I don't like humans and I don't like being near them neither. I never know what to expect from them or what I should say, how I should act. Should I smile? What if it looks too awkward? Too fake? I can't genuinely smile. Not to those fake beings that disgust me. All humans disgust me, even more myself. I can't even look at my reflect in the mirror. I just want to claw, and tear open my skin. I want to disappear in a hole and never come back. I wish I could just ki-

*WOOF*

I jump at the sound of a dog's bark. I didn't realize we are already in the shop in front of many cages. All dogs are quietly watching us with their round eyes. Only one canine is barking and looking at me with brown wide eyes. Did he just notice me having dark thoughts? I learnt that those animals are trained to feel when you are spiraling down the depression road. When you are sinking in the cold and dark water that is anxiety. No ones, but him noticed though. I think I will take him. He's a bernese mountain dog with black fur on his back, brown on his leg and jaw and white on his nose, paws and belly. He has warm chocolate eyes that seem to melt before my eyes. He looks really fluffy…

I come near his cage and look at the tag. It says that he is one year old and that he is named Oreo. 

"What a cute name for a cute boy" I say to Oreo with a small smile hanging on my lips. I hear sharp intakes of breath at my side and look up to see the twins looking at me with wide eyes. What do they want now? Are they that surprised that I could smile? It's true that I never smile in front of human, only before animals, so I guess it really shocked them. I really hope they won't do anything to my dog, just to wipe the smile off my face. It would break me, leaving me in even smaller pieces that I was made of before.

I get up and walk to the nearer worker, which is a woman in her twenties with bright yellow hair and coquettish blue eyes. I come to a stop before the voluptuous female and open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. My throat constricts itself and my tongue becomes heavy and feels like paper sand. 

Shit, my condition is working up.

I kind of forgot about it, because I never have to interact with anyone besides my family. When I want to talk with a stranger, I can't let my voice out. After 'him', I couldn't speak for weeks. 'His' voice never stopped ringing in my head, like a broken record.

"Don't speak to anyone about this, or I will make you suffer, my sweet little fairy."

"You don't want anyone to know right? So shut your godamn trap like a good boy and do as I say."

No matter what I did, I couldn't say anything for fear that 'he' will come back or that anyone would know what I was forced to do. Nobody should know what a disgusting being I'm, for allowing 'him' to do those things to me. For what? For a little bite of the love I was starving for. I was, and still am, looking for every little crumbs of love that I can find to much on and fill my hunger for this addicting feeling. 

I'm disgusting.

Hey dear readers, hope you like the dog!

Stay safe~

Don't forget to:
Vote~
Comment~
And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(778 words)