Chapter 18

Here's a pretty long chapter

Warning: mention of pedophelia.

Jaydon P.O.V (the nicest twins)

He's gorgeous.

That's all I can think as I stare from afar at Elijah. It has now been six tortuous years since he left us and two since Mikael and I discovered that the little boy we were bullying all those years is our mate. After we came back from school, we stumbled upon Alex and Samuel who were looking solemn at the table. The omega had puffy eyes and the Alpha looked angry enough to kill someone. At first, we couldn't understand what was happening, but when they silently showed us the letter smelling like Elijah and salty water everything became clear.

My twin brother let out a whimper while I fell to my knees. We couldn't understand at that time why we were feeling so devastated, as if the world had ended, and it's only four years later that we learned the reason. Anyways, Alexander made us kneel on the ground outside in the rain and shout every bad thing we had done to Elijah the day after. We couldn't eat, drink, go to the restroom, sleep, or rest until we were done. It took us three days to scream all the deeds we had done in eight years.

We couldn't talk for one week after it happened and we both caught a cold, but it would never compare to how much we made him suffer. At first, we felt as if we were being treated unfairly, so we complained to Alex and he made us tell him why we did all those things. It just shamed us, because the more we listened to our pathetic excuses, the more we became aware of how wrong and childish we were. However, instead of the harsh punishment we were expecting the Alpha to give us, he just looked in profound thoughts before telling us that he would not give us any punishment. When we asked him why, he just answered "You will know when you will turn eighteen", and how true were his words.

The day of our anniversary was the worst of our life. We came back to a silent house, which meant our parents were gone, and when we entered it, we smelled a heavenly scent. We first thought it was food, until we came to a stop before Elijah's room while following the scent. Then, it hit us like a brick.

The shy ginger boy was our mate.

All those years we were hurting our mate, the person destined to be with us for the rest of our lives and carry our babies. The shock of learning that we both had the same mate was nothing compared to the heart wrenching feeling that came with all the memories of us bullying him. Each hit and insult we threw at him were like knives repeatedly carving our destiny in our body and mind. We were now destined to be rejected and remain mateless. Elijah must hate us now and would reject us in the blink of an eye. We won't blame him, he's right.

Mikael took it even harder than I because he was the main instigator of all the bullying, while I was more of a passerby, which is why he isn't here with me today. He's not ready to face Elijah yet. It didn't mean I had nothing to be ashamed of, far from it. I could have stopped Mikael, but I didn't. Instead, I let him do whatever he wanted to the older boy. I was nowhere near innocent.

I came back to reality as I hear a dog's bark. Elijah's dog, Oreo, is barking at his owner who is now on his knees, hugging himself and slightly shaking. I can tell that he is starting to have a panic attack. After we discovered that he is our mate, we started to gather more informations about his condition and learnt how to deal with it. I'm parked on the other side of the road, a few houses away from his and I have changed my car, so I can tell that he hasn't seen me. That means something or someone else scared him.

I quickly got off of my car and ran in my mate's direction, only to see a way older man leisurely coming near him with a creepy smile on his wrinkled face. If I remember right, he was one of his Elementary's teacher, Mr. Brown, I think. Looking at how Elijah looked at him with fear and disgust, it was obvious that the ugly man did something to him. I quickly come at my Elijah's side and tightly hug him. At first, he freezes and then tries to push me away, but I put his nose on my scent gland by taking the back of his head in my hand and he takes a few sniffs before relaxing against me. I feel my heart beam in pride at the oblivious display of trust, before turning my attention back to the old man.