Chapter 6

Imagine freckles~

Elijah P.O.V

"Are you alright?" My adoptive mom asks while looking at me with worry in his eyes. My left fist clenches even tighter around the fork and I feel my nails dig into my palm with enough strength to draw blood. I hate when someone asks me if I'm alright. I will never be alright. I can do fine or better than some days, but never alright. After what happened with 'him', I know that I will never be able to feel completely good. It's just impossible.

"I'm fine" I say while looking at the meat in my plate. I can't meet his gaze or he will know I'm lying. How can I be fine when I know where this discussion is going? They will ask me if I want to see a psychologist and I will tell them no. It will only worry them more and they will force me to go see one. I don't want to see a shrink. They will know there is something more. They will know I'm hiding something and I can't risk it. I can't have 'him' coming back. I can't!

"Your father and I know how much you hate seeing a psychologist, so we made some researches. We found a type of therapy that may please you" Sam says with a small smile and it slightly picks my interest. He sounds confident that I will like it, so it doesn't involve any form of shrink. I convinced them about art therapy last time, but now they know that it doesn't completely work. I wonder what they found…

"So, we know how much you liked Pita and animal in general. This new therapy consists of taking in a dog. He will help you deal with whatever you are dealing with and you can talk to him about it. He will help you find motivation and lessen the stress you are feeling. He is also trained to help prevent panic attack. It would be like a Pita number two!" Alex says, looking rather excited and pleased with the idea. I can tell he was the one who found it and is proud of it. Moreover, it isn't a bad idea. I like dogs and it will prevent me from seeing another psychologist. I don't think it could go wrong. The thought of having a new companion, one that won't judge me no matter what I tell him about my past, one that will show me how he really feels, make the void inside of me lessen a bit. I will have new goals, take him on a walk, feed him and make sure he doesn't die. It feels great, like I was 'alive' again.

"You don't seem displeased by the idea, so I assume you agree?" I nod " Then we will go look for a dog tomorrow, are you fine with this?" Samuel asks with a big grin and smiling eyes. I can tell he's relieved that I like their proposition, instead of just flipping the table and walking away. 

I nod and mutter a small thank you, before digging back into my meal. I can feel two pair of angry eyes on me as I eat. The twins must be pissed that I get a pet and not them. They must be thinking that their parents will once again spend money on an impostor, instead of them. I can't really blame them for being furious.

I just hope they won't do anything to the dog, he's innocent.

Hey dear readers, what kind of dog do you want Elijah to get?

Stay safe~

Don't forget to:

Vote~
Comment~
And subscribe~

See ya next update~😉

(583 words)