Chapter Nineteen: Stay Behind Me

(Pic above is Mandy dah little jittery bug of emotions)

Nora found her way to the boarder quickly and watched the guards servalence patterns. Nora slowly sneaked past then noticed warmth beside her it was Sadie who had kept rather quiet the whole four days of being at Felenae. "What are you doing?!" Nora growled.

"Help out fight" she responded threw the mental link.

"No, too dangerous, go to Felenae and defend it with they others, they need as many as they can get." Nora replied briefly.

Sadie hesitated she Whined and backed up a little "Cover yourself in a sheet on snow, bled into it better, Goodluck!" She dashed off. Nora lay on her belly dumbfounded that she hadn't noticed Sadie the whole time. She shook her head and nosedived into the snow and slowly moved threw it. It stung her skin and made her fur damp and cold but nonetheless, the guards didn't notice her dig a hole at the wall, go under and I to the burg. Nora's heart pounded and her stomach was in knots. She sniffed the air to try to catch a wiff of Mandy's smell, vanilla and coconut. It reminded her of when they where pups, sniffing each other and telling each other what we smelt like, Mandy told Nora that she smelt like the damp of the forest, wetwood as we call it, but it used to be called rainwood when there was rain. Nora slid in the shadows and shifted around untill she could find something, anything. Her ears pricked up and Mandy's signature sent was stuck to Nora's nose. Nora traced it, being careful not to step into the light. The trail eventually whent cold, but when Nora looked up Nora couldn't believe what she saw. It was the palace, but there was fire, fire on torches and melting the ice where they stood, the king was planning to met his own burg for a bit of decoration!? Nora growled, ether way, Maine was in there, and there's one way in, one way out. Nora closed her eyes and sighed sitting down. This was a war cry, she took in a deep breath that made her chest and lungs hurt and belched out a long sad, anguished cry of was that came from nowhere and everywhere, utterly baffling anyone who heard it.

Nora pelted threw the golden gates, past the torches lit by fire, into the castle and threw down the first two guards soundlessly. Nora lifted her nose to catch Mandy's sent again, and as expected, it was there, down the castle and into the prisons. Nora trotted into a sprint and growled pouncing in every guard before they could scream out and snapping their throats, Nora was furious and now, now she could act upon the storm brewing in her mind and heart. Nora jumped up and into a table and wrecked the dishes set upon it and took out four guards there and knocked the maid unconscious. Nora dashed her way threw the kitchen knocking past cooks and into the back halls of the castle which led to the staircase that led to Mandy. Nora felt a sting in her shoulder and skidded, turning mid skid and leapt and killed the guard that shot her, she knew it would hurt is she stopped so she kept runbing. She could smell the smell of damp concrete, the metallic smell of blood, the acrid smell of rotting flesh and off food. Nora growled in pure frustration and saw a line of ten guards each standing in front of a assigned cell. She took out two in one go, jumping into the first ones face and tearing it apart with her back claws as she leapt into the second and latched onto his neck snapping it. Nora was in a frenzy now, all she could see was anger and blood. One of the guards called for back up which wasn't good. Nora dodged a few tasers and got hit a few, it hurt but wasn't enough to stop the adrenaline rushing threw Nora. She growled and grabbed the taser gun in her mouth and triggered it back at them then dodged a few bullets, running up the wall two paces then jumping off on to the fourth last guard. She looked at her third tarted and savagely growled, barking words of her canine tounge what should be left unknown. The guards eyes widened with terror and stumbled back, easy kill for Nora who leapt at first opportunity and ripped at his face and clawed his chest and stomach ultimately balling him over and landing on-top of a dead corpse. Second last guard held out a spear as if he where thinking it would make Nora back down, how wrong he was, she shifted human snatched the spear spun around and stabbed him in the stomach and growled a wat cry. She stood straight and eyed the last guard who looked at his dead conrads. He looked up at her pointing a shakey gun at her head "More are coming, you can't beat them all. He said shakily. Nora walked closer to him with an emotionless face and put her head on the tip of the guns barrel "A world without my friends is no world I want to live in." She said blankly wiping the gun away with the back of her hand with ease. "Key?" She growled simply. The guard whent to go for his dagger but Nora elbowed him in the temple, even of he was to live, he would live blindly. Nora picked up the chains and walked to each cell untill she saw Mandy who was clung against the poles watching it all with concern and amusement. "We are going home." Nora said. She opened the gate and shifted wolf and Mandy shifting fox. They sped up the stairs and where met with a few hundred guards, weapons at the ready with spears, bows, swords, guns and tasers. "Mandy... Stay behind me."

-----
Authors Note!!
It is currently 3:36am on a school night, the fire alarm keeps beeping for no reason, there's no smoke, no haze it's not even that hot. I hope you enjoyed my sleepless chapter, Nora is my mental state right now. And a special note to my best friend:

Hey Blue!!! Hope you like the new chapter, a bunch of my new friends helped me to get motivated to continue writing!! I hope you like the new chapters and character pics. Cant wait til we meet again my sis!!