Chapter Three: Humble Abode

"Welcome to my humble abode!!" Nora let Maine in threw the hatch above. Her house was below ground and was really cool, in the walls are bones and weapons and jewellery from ancient times when the earth was land and water, when people where just people with no special ability's like the ten present of us now who still have that human gene. Maine looked around, the walls where light blue, being made of endless ice, even the floor was ice; Nora just threw a rug over the top all the way down the hall.

To the first left is Noras bedroom, decorated with the pelts of things she's hunted and the snake skins of her enemies, her bed was simple, white sheets with a layer of wolf fur on the bottom and as a blanket. Nora kept her cloths in a set of four long drawers and on the top were assorted variations of herbs and healing poultice alongside of snake teeth and various jars of random rations and occasional cookies, her favourite treat.

The next room, to the left again was  Noras bathroom, the shower was north-west of the room and the bath filling the east side of the room, the sink was just a little further down the west wall of the shower and the towel rack beside that, in the centre a bright red rug.

To the direct right is the games room slash living room, in the centre of the norther part of the room, a spruce wood T.V stand with a 'floating' T.V. In front of the T.V is a white fluffy couch, on the corner a black fur sheet that stood out, nothing was on the walls except for a rebellion poster with four wolves standing proud and the background was red and yellow, just an old bunch of wolves who wanted the ice to melt and go back to the old times of no magic.

Only two of them live now, Leah's dad and his brother Sen, people close to him call him Peggie or Segoe, he had a wooden leg, but with the strange new mechanical stuff that's been appearing, he now has a high tech leg. Nora looks at her mechanised hand and frowns. No one but Sen and Joey, Leah's dad know where they are bought, and the secrecy all who wear these have to hold.

Further down the hall to the right is Her kitchen, Nora made most the stuff in there, like her cooker, not many people use fire nowadays, only for cooking or warm showers and baths. Fire wielders are very common, but not in Noras case, in a shifter, but not long ago, she found she could give off small bursts of fire.

No one else knows, Nora don't even want to know, it's rare, it's a genetic disorder, no, it's not a good thing to have two abilities', its mutiny, and powers go down family line, so somewhere in Nora and Maine's ancestry one of their elders must have been a fire wielder, and mated with a canine shifter, anyone who's cross bred are sentenced to death being a danger and a treat, too overpowered.

The cooker was two tall sticks and one long stick set up in an upside down 'U' shape and underneath a bundle of sticks and twigs, people nowadays have very few plants and trees, since only one hundred percent of the earth is ice now.  The crate to the west of the wall is all Noras food, mix of berries, meat and flavoured snow. Which is the everyday food basis of life now, berries, meat and weird but amazing tasting snow.

And the last room is the laundry to the left. Simple washing machine to the north-west and dryer to the north-east and the hanger on the west wall. Maine looked at Nora "So where do I sleep?" She simply asks. Nora laughs and lead Maine back to the living room, the white couch folds out to a queen sized bed for whenever Nora wanted to have a movie night. "Oh cool!" Maine watched as Nora folded out the bed.

Nora stands back up and looks at Maine then the bed, then the T.V "You can watch some movies but please put the disks back in. Not sure if you do or don't is all and if you get hungry there is food in the crates and ice flavourings behind the crates. I need tonight alone to process..." Nora looks at her hand "This..." she mutters and walks out. Nora walks into her room and sits down on the side of her bed, staring at her robotic silver and dark blue hand.

'Who knew I would go down that bad, that i...... needed this.' Nora lays down and closed her eyes drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

Or not, Nora was in.... space? There's no floor beneath her which made her feel queasy and, Maine was here to? And two other girls, one was really tall and intimidating with white hair the other tiny, probably younger than us too, with pale green, almost white hair, her eyes looked dull and sightless with the eerie pale blueish silver, the other girl had completely black eyes, she must be from Owlinae, as for the other girl, Nora couldn't tell, you can tell which species of shifter another is by their eyes, owls have either fully black eyes or yellow-orange eyes with huge pupils. Canines have eyes any canine from past world and felines are the same, but for felines.

In front of each of the girls was an animal slowly fading into view, coming closer, these creatures matched their species which means the blind girl is from.... Serpantae.

Slowly as each came clear and solid, they were the deity's of our burgs, pure white. Maine's White lion, Noras a white wolf, snake girls a white snake and the tall girls a snowy owl. Each spoke in unison.

"Follow the sky owls wing to the tail of the dragons. Meet there, young ones of purity and listen for the sound of echoing ancients. The ice melts and to seek truth you all mist work together and put aside the ongoing war between snake and canine. Truth will come soon enough, but on the way you'll gain; the truth of freedom, the truth of courage, the truth of flight and the truth of true sight, you'll not come home empty handed or the world will drown in water and chaos, and not even a thousand water wielders can save us from whats to come."

And then Nora woke up. 'Did Maine have the same dream?' Nora not supposed to dream... she walks out of her room and is face to face with Maine who looks like shes about to know on the door. "Yesssssss?" Nora grins cheekily

"I just had the loopiest dream." Maine said tiredly but with a smile

"Tell me 'bout it." Nora says and walk to the kitchen, Maine walks behind her explaining litterally everything that happened in Noras dream, Nora noticed Maine's breath reeked of cola ice flavoring at that same monent.

"Pause!" Nora spins around and holds her living palm up in Maine's face. "How much ice flavoring did you eat?"

Maine looked like one of those dogs on a funny video after it has been caught eating toilet paper or ripping the couch. "Ten.." she muttered.

Nora barked our a loud laugh, 'She has even more of a problem with those than i do!!' Nora thought to herself "Good thing i store extras in the under the under ground house in a underground room!!" to Nora it made total sence, Nora is in a underground house, hidden under a above ground house, and her extra storage of cola flavored ice is underground in the under ground house of the above house.

"Wat."

'Oh how could mother cope without her.' Nora smiled, her smile fading slowly. "Maine, i think..." Nora look seriously at Main now "Your visit has been extended." which was returned with a exited grin.