Chapter 28

Narrator

Being with your friends day and night had its perks but suddenly those perks began to vanish. Drama burned like fire, people where breaking up left and right, couples were fighting and friendships ripped apart. A dark cold veil covered Hogwarts in melancholy and rage.

Draco and Lydia, were each others light in these dark times. All while Draco possibly hid the darkest and biggest secret that could tear up his own universe once it got out. Only the Universe knows if Lydia and Draco could ever recover from a betrayal like this. Everyday it gets worse hiding a part that makes him himself  from Lydia.

Night by night Draco stays awake, sleep deprived, twisting and turning just by the thought of Lydia seeing the man he really is. There is no way of hiding it, even if he wanted to. Some things are bigger than others, he just wished love was bigger than the weight on his shoulders. His parents were not exactly the most loving but they were his only blood relatives he trusted, losing them would be like... it would be like losing everything he ever had. Nightmares like these haunt him, he would sit up and leave the bedroom to watch the merfolk float past the green tinted windows. They must feel so free, they have the whole world to see. On second sight, he sees the pain that is so familiar in his eyes. They are trapped to a place, may it be big, they will never be able to go on land and discover new cultures, see new places, go into the snow or even lay in the grass and sunbathe.

No, his life isn't bad, he lives a wealthy life, his family has power. He however curses his life, magic is power but power isn't happiness. Strolling through the streets of London, he often sees genuinely happy people being glad for the life they are living. Only if he could be glad living the life that was chosen for him.

At least Lydia gave his dark life some light, she was the first person he truly loved. She was the first one to give him butterflies when she walked in the room. He used to watch her lips and listened to the way she pronounces certain words. Everything she did, she did with such an ease. Like a feather she floated across the room, brighter than the morning sun. He knew that at some point he had to choose between her and the path his family chose for him, he treaded his judgment day more than anything.

The dark gloomy days were mostly spent in the room of requirements, mending the cabinet, sweating and praying that he will be done when the Dark Lord ordered him to. He didn't work well under stress but he had no other choice. Worst of all he had to lie to the only person in his life that loved him, " I know, Love. I miss seeing you all the time too. But Snape put extra pressure on me, he is breathing down my neck.", he'd say to her. To his surprise, she understood him, she had work to do aswell, with all the classes that she took, she'd have to study all day and night.
Both cherished the small interaction they got between classes and during breakfast, mostly ruined by other students interfering.

Still sat in the same spot, Lydia ran her mind to figure out why Seamus was mad at her. Sure, they haven't spent as much time together as they used to but that's not a rational reason to be mad at someone, is it? No, he said that she broke his heart. How could she break someone's heart that she barely talked to, someone who holds such an important place in a heart, someone who made her laugh when no one else did.

The colored glasses performed a ballet on the other side of the wall, swan lake or maybe even nutcracker perhaps. Seconds of bright sunlight were rare during these times, clouds would push themselves in the spotlight and steal the thing humans all over the world agreed on needing.

Lost in her thoughts, Lydia didn't notice a skinny figure creeping up on her. "Move!", an airy voice whisper quite loudly, "Thompson, ah I see."

Pansy Parkinson. If she wasn't so ugly on the inside she would have been the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts. Ever since, Lydia and Draco became closer, she hadn't been happy of the lack of Draco Time she so heavily needed. Her and Draco had been in the same friend group since the beginning of the first year and since then they never seperated really, and now with Draco having so much to do: a girlfriend, his appointment with the dark lord and on top of that school work; Pansy felt left out and it made her less likable. She would blame other people for her misery, "It's because that cockroach of a boy sat next to me during Divination". Of course, this is far fetched and far from the truth but Pansy needed to push the blame on someone else in order to validate her feelings, it's something every human, wizard or not. has done at some point in there life. It's a protection.

She liked Draco. A lot. In her very well hidden Diary she would often imagine what a future with Draco would look like: The dark lord rules the world, Draco and Her as his right hand men, traveling around the globe to catch the last mudbloods, to finally bring peace to the Wizarding World.
If she only knew that Draco had never felt the same about her the way she did about him, in fact he never even considered her a real close friend. He didn't consider any of his friends close.

"What do you want Pansy?", Lydia didn't look up to talk to Pansy and just kept staring at the other side of the wall. "Well, I saw you were talking to Draco.", she let out a little bit of a smirk, "Actually, I have been seeing you to talking a lot recently. I always thought Draco was strictly against mudbloods, his family would kill you at first sight!"

She knew?

Lydias heart started racing, her hands and legs started sweating, breathing became harder with every breathstroke she took, Pansy knew about her secret? How did she find out? Who told her?

Infront of her, she tried to be strong. On the inside her whole world was on the verge of breaking into a million pieces.

"Oh good lord Thompson, don't be so silly. It's obvious you are unworthy of someone like Draco. You know he told us your little secret after Christmas Break. We swore not to tell a soul... Well, that was before I saw you two sneaking around each other.", she smirked looked Lydia up and down, "Even if you were an actual Witch you wouldn't be worthy enough to be dating a man like Draco! Don't make me write a letter to the Malfoys. You don't want your family, perhaps, to be tortured in the Malfoy cell, do you?".

Lydia shook her head, holding tears back, trying to figure out what to do, wanting to ask Draco for help, wanting to leave Hogwarts to protect her family. She was breaking into million pieces.

"Oh and by the way, did Draco tell you were he goes when he is with neither you or us?", another smirk creeped up her face as she slowly turned around and strutted away, "oh, stupid little me it must be for the Dark Lord"