Chapter 18

Narrator

Seamus' and Dean's compartment was on the other side of the Train. Thirty minutes and twenty-four seconds, that was the time it took the new friends to arrive at Dean's and Seamus' compartment. On their way, they almost ran into Ginny but Lydia pulled herself and Seamus into another compartment just in time. She explained it to him as they had a fight and she didn't want to run into them. Although at first, Seamus didn't believe her, because he knew they never ever had fought before. However, he didn't ask her after anymore.

The striking smell of old furniture returned again as they left the compartment and once again entered the long hallway with the dark reddish carpets laying all around on the floor. The atmosphere was calming and soon Lydia could forget anything and just follow Seamus. Finally, she opened up to him and talked freely to him without thinking before speaking. Everything went like she was on a cotton candy cloud made out of Happiness. Eventually, she was happy again and everything went the way she wanted to.

Until she passed the Slytherin section, not a real section it just was the section where the most Slytherin students spent their time. Once the new friends entered the section all eyes turned to them. One pair of eyes after another. From a distance, an overly familiar blonde thatch bragged about something with big gestures and background music made by his friends.

"So I told her that she was a disgrace to the Wizarding world. That filthy mud blood really thought she was on the same level with me, soon she will be disposed of like rubbish. ", this words shot through Lydia like a knife in her heart. Abruptly Lydia stopped and looked down at the person she never wanted to see again.

Flashbacks of that day flashed back in her head. Of that day she almost lost everything and that day she decided everything had to change.

The boy she once had a romantic relationship with, laid now in a lap of another and softly stroke the face of the girl he once called a bitch. Heavy-heart she gave a signal to her feet to move and followed Seamus again, who has walked a bit farther.

Right, when Lydia passed (or more wanted to) Malfoys seats, his eyes turned to her and all of his friends burst into a big laughter. "Oh you muddy mudblood", they sang like a choir and waved their hands like they wanted to push some kind of a smell away. For Lydia, there were only two ways: either she would let him win and go away or fight back and hit him on the spot where it hurts the most.

"Says the boy whose mum looks like a whore...  I bet your dad met her in a strip club and has like thirty other side hoes. ", she sneered before thinking.  A terrible mistake.

Everybody, even the others who didn't even pay attention, noticed the fire in his eyes growing bigger and bigger. Not the love kind of fire, the angry kind of fire. The fire that makes you want to scream and makes you feel defenceless. This kind of fire was burning inside of Malfoy's clear water blue eyes. He could play off a lot but not when it comes to his mum, his beloved mum. 

Slowly he stood up and formed his smirking face in an angry-teeth-pulling-face. His hand in a tight fist, he looked at Lydia's calm face. Nobody knew better how much he wanted to kill her than Draco himself. Nevertheless, he acted as calm as Lydia did but the anger inside him burned too deep. "DONT YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER LIKE THAT YOU FILTHY WORTHLESS MUDBLOOD!", and how much he tried to talk slow and calm, his words slipped out unsteady and the words were more screamed than said out loud.

For a moment the whole compartment was silent and the low clatter of the train was audible until the pressure inside Lydia's small body became too heavy to carry. She burst out in laughter and the pressure she had been carrying disappeared, it had been the only exit.

"Wow, you think I am worthless? Because of my descent, because of my parents? At least I am happy with my life and like I have said before I hope the best for you.", she stated in the most high pitched voice. Then she turned her head towards Parkinson who held her wand protectively in her hand facing Lydia, "Let me say it this way, even Parkinson deserves a better man. I would suggest Goyle look how he stares at her hideous face which by the way looks like you bathed in cheapish make-up. Get real Make-up girl, but wait, you don't have those in the wizarding world. I am lucky to live in both, muggle and wizarding world. ", she finished her paragraph, looked one more time at Draco and turned heel and stormed off.

Slowly Draco sat down and lowered Parkinson's wand, "She'll regret this!"

Seamus had fallen a bit back but soon caught up with Lydia. Her fast steps resounded through the small but long hallway. 

"What was that between you and that Malfoy boy? There have been rumours of you guys dating before but that didn't seem like dating at all to me. But well, what do I know about dating", he laughed under his breath and mumbled the last part more than saying it.

"There have been rumours? Why would somebody tell something so hilarious? Look at that boy, he is an awful piece of dog shit!", she lied and ignored the fact that her voice sounded shaky.

"There we are". Seamus opened the door to a compartment and a smell of rotten fish smelling like a whole farm had lived there. Greeted with a big hello from Neville and a surprised glare from Dean, Lydia entered and sat down next to Neville and felt nothing but good.