Chapter 26

Shadows- s.c

Lydia P.O.V

I rushed out of the small dark room, not wanting to interact with Draco in the near future. Of course, I had known that I had to spend time with him caused by the essay Snape had given us, but still. I had to find a way that made it possible to interact with him while as little as possible while working the assignment.

It was much to hard to not to notice him and not to look at him, after all we had to work together on this progect.
Not seconds later, I noticed Draco rushing after me with large steps. "Thomson, an hour before dinner at the astronomy tower", he screamed from far away. The way he called me Thomson made me shiver, I hated it since forever that someone called me just by my last name. That's not what makes me, me. My mind knew that Lydia wasn't the perfect first name since the definition mostly said it would fit bitchy and bossy girls, that's not how I saw myself at all. But still it was a rare name only a few knew it and those who didn't always looked at me in amazement, " I never heard of that name, is it ancient?"

For the day I only had one class left, but it went by fast. History of Magic was one of my best classes, since I loved every story that was the slightest old, no really you could have told me about the 70s and itd be so amazed by it.

" So, no homework for today. ", Professor Binns called out and turned around to go through a wall on the left. Yes, he literally went through it, he was a ghost, a ghost taught me the history of magic what a matching pair they were. "Hey, lyds, Mione' and I are heading to the library, wanna study with us?", Ginny laughed as she has scared me, blinding me with her her hands on my eyes from the back, making my visions go black. During these times this also could have been a death eater attack so my scream is apologised. As much as I wanted to really stroll with them through the castle, I had the appointment with Draco still on my agenda. "Sorry, Homework is tough. Snape got me into a group with the devil himself, trust me I'd rather play with misses Morris instead of talking to that git.", I tried to laugh over my sorrows. Yes, I tried to hate him and yes I was confused. Sometimes it was a gift to be with him sometimes I wanted to die breathing next to him. Before leaving her and saying goodbye, I hugged her and watched her step away.

Slowly I made my way to the known astronomy tower, by slowly I mean really slow. Never, in my school life, I have looked at so many pictures and talked to so many dead people. But as I reached the first step of the stairs, leading to the top of the tower, my heart skipped a beat, I had to stop before I could go on. And as I reached the last step, my heart was beating so fast, I had to catch on breath and close my eyes. Whether it was because of my Acrophobia or whether because I was actually nervous, I didn't like it.

However, when my feet stood in the middle of the building Draco wasn't to be seen anywhere. Well, that was my good luck, because even though I somehow hated him I didn't want him to see me like this. "Why am I afraid of this place? This used to be my happy place", I thought, questioning myself.

As the clocked ticked a half hour before dinner and Draco still was not to be seen anywhere I started to worry. Obviously, I didn't worry in a caring way, I worried because I couldn't use another pair of detention. Eventually, I went to every place that was somehow linked with Draco starting with the Slytherin common room (of course I didn't go in, but I waited for a good ten minutes in front of it), the lake, the great hall and eventually the library. But still, no Draco.

"well, then I'll go now. Maybe he is already back and is going to go on my nerves, bye love you", I said to my best friends who I have met in the library. They were so surprised as I turned up, "are you already done?", Hermione asked and put on her most 'what the fuck'-face on.

The corridor I went back on was so dark, it could have been the ghost house at my favourite fair place in London. On my way back to the astronomy Tower I passed by an agonising howling, agonising in a way that makes you immediately sad. As I turned my head I could see that it came out of one of the bathroom, but thinking it was coming from mauling myrtle I just walked on. It took me a couple seconds to really realise who it was coming from.

Before I walked in, I lightly knocked on the double door. "Let me alone", he cried. But as he saw my reflection in the mirror he was standing in front of, he showed me his very red crying face. "I am not here to hurt you Draco", I confessed, knowing what was going on in his mind. "I understand why you don't like me. I am a bastard, my whole family is full of bastards.", he screamed in my direction. The part with his family was a bit true but he wasn't a bastard, maybe sometimes mean but a bastard, no. "Look me in the eyes Draco, You aren't a bastard. We all have good and bad days, we all have problems within our families but in the end what we have in them is the purest love."

"You don't know my family if I don't do it right..." he stopped to scared to speak out what was on his mind, "he hits me or does something worse". This was not known to me, even in the wizarding world people gossip. I remember how people told me in year four that Harry had a thing for Cho Chang, who now is a friend of mine but back then an unknown on my radar. This rumour was later to be true and Harry was embarrassed but it helped him to finally kiss Cho after the DA meeting before Christmas.

"Draco, I", I lost the words I had already prepared in my mind, "I, I am so sorry for you. Trust me, you have been a lovely ass", I made sure to say lovely to not hurt him even more, "but you know that nobody should ever be ashamed by the things they have done wrong. If your father thinks so he can literally suck my dick". He laughed, nobody (besides Voldemort) had ever stood up against his father and dared him to suck their dick. "I love it when you smile Draco, seriously. It suits you.", I tried to cheer him up, the operative word is 'tried'.

"You know what, maybe your family is different, maybe your family is the definition perfect, but your family doesn't consist of people who have done nothing but harm to people, who have won everything and then there's is me, who sucks at Quidditch, has lost against Potter several times and who apparently needs protection and help to win. My mum still thinks I am a baby, my aunt sees me as a toy and my dad doesn't appreciate me... I have nightmares, I can't sleep... Trust me, I know why you don't want to be with me anymore, I wish I could just do the same as you and go as far away as I could, I am a bastard. "

These sad words made me really feel very sorry, I got goosebumps from my tippy toes to my head. There was only one way to make him happy. Suddenly I felt my lips crashing into his, it wasn't a rough kiss it was a soft and sweet one, giving me the feels all over my body. The last time I have felt this was our first kiss. I felt his smile as my red lips touched his pale ones.

The sweet feeling, let me know: I loved him and I would never ever let this be taken away. "I love you", I whispered as I pulled away and saw his smile grew bigger, "How did you know?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first song-inspired chapter, how'd you like it? Personally, I really love the song I chose for this chapter because it describes the feeling everybody felt at one time of his or her life.