Chapter 20

Narrator

"As you might remember, I taught you how to use non-verbal spells before you all went back home. I am sure most of you already forgot it, but for those who didn't, don't be so sure I am giving you more attention.". Snape entered the dark smelly Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and surveyed each and every student, starting with the last row and ending with the first row of desks.

"Now, tell me", he turned around now facing the class, "What is the advantage of a non-verbal spell?"

Hermione's hand shot into the air. Snape took his time looking around at everybody else, making sure he had no choice, before saying curtly, 'Very well - Miss Granger?"

"Your adversary has no warning about what kind of magic you're about to perform,' said Hermione, 'which gives you a split-second advantage.".

"I think I have a Deja Vu, didn't she said the same exact thing in our first DADA class too?", Lydia wondered and continued doodling in her copy of 'Confronting the Faceless'. She always forgot that she didn't have Hermione or Harry to copy from. The only one she had was Seamus and he didn't listen to Snape aswell. Maybe if she would have listened, Snape wouldn't have betrayed her.

"Miss Thomson, may you tell me what are the advantages of a non-verbal spell?"

Of course, Lydia didn't listen until Professor Snape stood right in front of her desk.

'Fuck, what did he say?', she worried and looked at her professor who seemed to be pretty annoyed. "Miss Thomson you are a disgrace to the wizarding community." Another Deja Vu hit Lydia right in her half heart.

"It is not only that you lied to me. You are a filthy mudblood. Soon you will achieve what you deserve! You are a disgrace to the wizarding community, not only are you a bad witch and a horrible potion maker also you are the dirtiest of them all.", he snapped and swung his wand, following a shelf to fall down. With a smirk, he soon looked at Lydia. A couple of books fell down on her and she had deep scratches on her arm, leg and face. The blood soon greeted Lydia too. It hurt to bad but she couldn't let Draco win this fight.

And she wouldn't let Professor Snape win this.

"I don't know, why don't you tell us?", she snapped and rested her bitch face. Snape came closer and rested his pale hands on the desk in front of Lydia. The sound of bare skin hitting on even wood echoed through Lydia's ears and gave her enough adrenalin to fight back whatever Snape would do. "First off, 'why don't you tell us, SIR. Mr Potter over there finally learned it after six years, fame isn't an excuse. Now back to you, miss Thomson, How dare you talk back to me like that, 50 points from Gryffindor for her maladjusted behaviour in class plus five months detention for you Miss Thomson."

Lydia's hands slow clapped for the speech her DADA-teacher just held, not very impressing how she thought. "What an amazing speech you held there SIR", intonation on Sir, " You can take so many points from Gryffindor as you want, give me five years of detention but you wont take away the person I am."

A murmur whized between students who were more than impressed what Lydia has said and a groaning Snape stood still in front of Lydia.

"Miss Thomson out of my Classroom. NOW"

With half closed eyes she waited a couple minutes later in the great hall, her next lesson wouldn't start until fifteen o'clock and the best thing she thought she could do was writing on her started and forgotten song.

All she had was a melody but the lyrics just wouldn't want to go smoothly, the way she wanted it to.

Fifteen times she had to start over and wasn't happy with the result. Fifteen times she scrunched it and threw it away. Tons of parchments laid dispersed around her, her failed ideas laid metaphorically around her. "Hello Lydia, what are you doing?"

Hecticly she turned around and began to stutter, still figuring what to say, "Well I-I-I am ehm I am star-starting to write the essay for Charms". This was a total lie, but luckily her fellow classmate didn't have charms with her, so she could say anything.

"Then I don't want to disturb you any longer, I will go to the library and look for a Defense against the dark arts book, my O.W.L. weren't that great. Bye"

"Bye Neville. ", Lydia waved on last time until Neville vanished behind the large doors.

Finding an inspiration to write this song was so hard to her. All she knew was that she wanted to put all her heartbreak she had been pushing back inside this song. After another billion tries she got up and made her way to yet another class : Potions.

Extraordinaryly she was excited, normally she hated potions but somehow she liked it that day. But instead of focusing on the over-complicated Potion, she focused on the new plain parchment on her desk.  On her left was a hufflepuff boy who she has never talked to and on her right a ravenclaw girl who was a typical stereotype. Neither of them cared what she was doing or if she was listening or not.

Two tables on the left a group of Slytherins let themselves down and built a green wall (their house colour). In the middle of the group sat Malfoy. Only his pale hair was noticeable from where Lydia was sitting.

It was magic what happend next, nothing but his pale blonde hair set something inside her body free and helped her to concentrate on the for her important things.

And then all of the sudden her mind began to hum a beautiful melody and to sing this message to her. All she knew that she would have to write it down or else she might lose a song.

Never in her life she had seen her hand moving so fast, after three minutes she had the first verse, after ten the chorus, after twenty another verse and after forty the whole song.