Chapter 16

Narrator

She watched the stray dog wandering down the street. It wagged it's tail and bounced down the street. A little girl squealed, "Mommy, I want the dog!"

And Lydia hoped with all her heart that the little girl's request was granted because someone in the world deserved a little bit of happiness. The next time she looked out the window the woman and her daughter disappeared and the dog was not longer sitting on its place wagging its tail.

At it first it was just one tear but then it broke into a million. She bent forward pulling her palms closer to her eyes. The feeling of being left took over her once again. Since she and Draco had the fight, since they broke up. She hasn't had eaten much or talked to anyone. Pushing everyone away was the right thing for her. All Lydia wanted was to be alone and have some time for herself. It was like she had a storm cloud hanging over her head, sent by the devil who loved seeing other people suffering. Wherever she went or whatever she did, she did not feel anything but sadness. Not even Delights face, when she saw what her sister got for her, could brighten up the storm cloud above Lydia's head. 

She would describe her sadness like death by a thousand paper cuts, for every time she remembered her loss it was another cut to her already damaged mind. None were enough to kill her, but over time their accumulation bled her of the happiness she had once had. 

Most of the days Lydia curled up in her bed reading and unwind until she would go back to Hogwarts and every day her mum would step into her room and try to make her feel better, bring her hot chocolate, ice-cream or fruits. And every time she would get rejected. although Lydia always thanked her later on, when her mum already has left her room. 

The ticking of the clock's second hand rang in her ears, annoyed she stood up and just threw the clock out of the window, followed by a sound of breaking glass. Shocked by her own movements she took a few steps back looking at her hands, "What have I done?"

It didn't take long until her parents rushed in, screamed at her and left the room. After her parents exited the room, Lydia crawled towards her bed and leant against it, her back facing the fresh sheets. A whole two hours she spent there sobbing and crying her eyes out.

Each part of her body began to burn painfully. Her arms became numb, her eyes dried out. And all of the sudden a she got up and limped full of sorrow to the big wooden mirror.Seeing her face made her realise something. She couldn't live like this forever, full of sadness, full of pain. Her whole life had to change. A new start and it would be opened with changing herself, before changing her environment, including her friends, although it broke her heart to want to leave her friends and find new ones. Adding, that she could not tell them why she wanted to break their friendship.

Nothing and nobody could stop her from changing herself. It was time to start again.

Her hand touched slightly forward to a little brown casket, opened it and faced her childhood, cards, necklaces, stuffed animals and small princess figures. Nevertheless, she was pushing everything else aside until she found what she was looking for: a pair of scissors. 

Roughly, she cut her hair up to her shoulders. Piece by Piece. And with every Strand of hair, a part of her old personality died. Of course, it wasn't easy for her to do it, she had always loved her long hair and wouldn't want to swap it. But for her new start she needing to end the old chapter and start a new one. To end the process, she decided to get the black bottle of hair dye and dyed her hair by herself. The result wasn't perfect, but the pastel violet described her inner feeling: cold but loving, a mix of red and blue. 

Deeply contented she then sat on the floor and looked at the reflection of the mirror in front of her. She wasn't the small girl from Gryffindor anymore, she was Lydia, just Lydia.

Then, after a while, she got up, having enough from crying and feeling sorry for herself, walked to the white Grand piano.  Her hand stroked over the smooth surface of the piano.  Following her hand to the piano stool.  It has been a while since her hand touched the cold keys, memories of her father and her playing the piano rushed in her mind. Her father taught her how to play the piano and every other instrument she can play. Because of him, she was introduced to the beautiful world of music. The world who has saved her life more than once and it did once again. The music was the only part of her life that she would let in the new one.
However, the music invited other parts of her the old chapter into the new one. And Lydia didnt close the door to protect her new start.

It all started with a simple order of chords, then a simple melody and after awhile Lydia had a whole song melody. The slow emotional song only needed a lyric to be complete.

The words in her mind directly came to life on a sheet of paper. Later she had almost her whole song finished but the sleep took over her body and she fell into a good deep sleep. The first good sleep since that day.

"Hurry Lydia", Mrs Thomson screamed at her daughter from the kitchen, "You will miss the train if you won't hurry!". Lydia rolled her eyes as she finally left the bathroom and entered the kitchen. "We still have a half hour until the Hogwarts-Express leaves Kings Cross", she smiled. After all, she has been gone through, she has been feeling a lot better and smiled more often.  Of course, her happiness led to the music she has been written.

Her song was not completely done yet but she had put all her emotion in it. All her sorrows have been healed by just one keystroke, one after one.  

She has changed a lot since she arrived home, from the bottom to the top. But not only did her hairstyle changed, so did her clothing style. Not that she wore regular clothes at Hogwarts, but still it changed into something that was more girl like and sexier. Black boots were standard.

Although her parents did not agree with her change, she kept it. She needed it. A new start. A new start, where she can be herself, where nobody cares what she wears and a new start to forget about all. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, she is changing, will her friends let her change?

I am quite happy with the past chapters and also I am pretty happy about 100 reads. You don't even know how much that made my day when I saw it.

Also, I am sorry about my writing or grammar mistakes, when I am done with the writing I will try my best to correct everything as much as I can. 

If you have any wishes for my books send them in and with luck they will be featured in the book.