Chapter 14

Narrator

You could have heard a needle if it would have fallen down on the floor. With her head up high the woman moved a little closer to the counter, "I was wondering if you have a book here".  A book?- A thousand books were laying here.  "of course, what kind of book you'd like", Mr Thomson replied to the woman with the black and white hair.

The boy interrupted the conversation," Mr.an old book,  black binding". The shock ran through Lydia's body like she had been struck by a lighting.
"Draco"

"May you follow me down to the basement, we store down there old books, that have been given to us or my grandparents." , Mr Thomson told Draco and his mother.

The way down the basement was full of spider webs and it was difficult for Mr Thomson and his followers not to ran into any webs. 

"The light, the light.", Mr Thomson complained, searching for the light switch.  Eventually, he found it and turned it on. Narcissa and Draco Malfoy were already totally annoyed by the muggle who was too stupid to find something.

The light revealed dusty bookshelves with old mysterious books on it.  "So here we have the older books. Usually, my daughter is down here...  She um she loves old books."

"My name is Narcissa Malfoy", Draco mum introduced herself, "and that is my son Draco"

Something inside Mr Thomson's mind clicked, he had have heard the name Malfoy before.

Lydia had told him about a boy from his school, the boy had the name Malfoy. She told him that he was a total arse and arrogant. "He has pale blonde hair", she had written him in her first letter.

Mr Thomson slightly coughed and kept on talking, "So, tell me what kind of book that is that you're looking for?"

And Draco started explaining what kind of book that was, he told Mr Thomson everything, everything besides that it is a charms book.
"Here are plenty old books, maybe you want to look for yourself? I am upstairs if you need any help.", he suggested and walked upstairs.

"Muggles...", Draco complained and started to search for the book. Black, brown, too old, too young... But not the right book. "It has to be here! We have looked everywhere..."

The book they were looking for laid in a hidden corner. "Draco, may you please go upstairs and ask the muggle. Maybe he knows more, he seemed to know our names", Narcissa claimed.  "Sure mother"

He was on his own in a new surrounding, With muggles and... Spiders.  
Disgusted he went upstairs, circumventing the spider webs and curiously looked everywhere. A broken down bike there and an old necklace here. 

When he finally arrived at the door, that leads to the main bookstore, he let out a big sigh. He knew he could do it, he was ready for it. One last time, he looked back until he opened the heavy door and walked through it. 

A girl in a black pullover caught his eyes. For a second he thought it was Lydia, but he was so sure she couldn't be. He would have asked her something, but Mr Thomson interrupted him. When Draco looked back in the direction where the girl has been sitting before, she disappeared. 

"Did you find what you have been looking for?", Mr Thomson asked with a faked smile. "No..ehm Sir, maybe you know where it is when I tell you it's a charms book..", Draco stated with big gestures. 

"Oh you are a wizard?", Mr Thomson said, whispering the last part. Draco nodded reproachfully.

In Response Mr Thomsom just laughed. "I know who you are, you are the boy my daughter has told me about... five years ago."

The facial expression on Draco's face froze and melt into a scared look, "I don't know where you're going... And who is your daughter?"

Lydia's heart skipped a beat once again. She has overheard the conversation and was now worried, her dad couldn't tell Draco about her. She loved Draco and knew their relationship would be done if he told him. Still hidden behind the shelves she heard her dad telling stories about her. Not mentioning her name once.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about that here, in public.", Draco threatened her Dad, playfully. "Also as much as I want to talk about your daughter, I am still here to buy a book and maybe your daughter knows where to find it if she is the witch you are talking about."

Draco was so different than he has been with Lydia. She knew he had a bad side but not that bad. He has been so considerate whenever he was with Lydia, but so mean when he wasn't. It was heartbreaking to see him like that. But she knew it would be more heartbreaking to see him finding out the truth.

"Why don't you tell her to come?", Draco repeated spitefully. The stiff look on Mr Thomson's face faded into a worried face. Suddenly it changed into a happy face, "Sure, she can probably help you. She spent almost the whole summer down there. Wait here, I will get her."

"No, No, No, No, No", Lydia shook her head. He wasn't allowed to find out. "Why did I ever lied to him? Couldn't I just have said that I am a 'mudblood' now everything will break apart." Not as long after her dad got up to her and told her about that boy who wanted something. But Lydia refused to go. "Youll go or... you won't be able to back to Hogwarts for the next semester", her dad whispered making it clearly up to Lydia that she should really go. 

So she made her way to Draco, knowing everything would change. "Hello Lydia!", Draco yelled joyfully and wrapped his arms around her real tight. And he didn't let go until he kissed her deeply. This made it even harder for Lydia, he was really happy to see her and she would ruin it.

It took him a minute to realise it until he pulled her away

--------------------------------------------------

oh no... I freaking ship Lydia and Draco.

Also merry Christmas y'all I am so happy about 107 reads. That was the best present I could receive today, thank you very much

Like

Comment

Share 

Follow

Bai Xx Emely