Chapter 24

Narrator

As usual, it has been the annoying merpeople outside waking Draco from the short sleep he had, most of the time only three hours. It was Sunday and that meant no charms and no potions, but a lot work for Draco. He still hasn't managed to mend the Vanishing Cabinet and he only had four months or less left otherwise, he dies an awful dead; even his parents.

Draco pulled all of his willing that was left together and stood up, showered and left to go the great hall. All along he had a feeling that this day will be worse than every other one in Hogwarts. Worse than the day he got attacked by the bloody hippogryph and worse than that day he nearly died whilst playing Quidditch. 

As he arrived the room was filled with the normal noise level, everybody was talking to each other and seemed pretty much flustered. Every sixth year was talking about apparition class that would start soon. "Hey Draco", the voice of the most annoying person appeared right next to Draco. He didn't have- to turn his head sideways to see that it was Pansy Parkinson his almost former girlfriend. Several times now he had tried to finally break up with her, but she always got him not to. "Parkinson!", he nodded in her direction but devoted his attention back to the delicious looking toast in front of him. "So, do you wanna go to Hogsmeade today?". 

"Actually", Draco started off, "no I don't want to go with you and Crabbe, Blaise and Goyle. For a bit of a change, I have something very important to do"

"Is it that thing you have to do for the Dark Lord"

Before Goyle could say any more, Draco hushed him and went away, to begin with fixing for today. But before he could arrive on the seventh floor he heard squalled and loud cries from the Gryffindor table. Almost every Gryffindor sat there in shock and had their hands covering their mouth, even some were crying heavily. Automatically he went searching for Lydia. Unfortunately, he couldn't find her, not with Seamus, Neville and Dean or with the girls. Slowly he began to worry, he didn't know what happened and he didn't know where the bloody hell Lydia is. The more he thought about it the more absurd options he had sorted out. One of them was that some kind of Death Eater, or his family, had gotten into Hogwarts and played their games inside the Gryffindor common room, but as much he would have loved that he knew it wasn't true. The castle was safe from any kind of dark forces can't penetrate Hogwarts.  

After another time he began to worry lots about her, he had not left the great hall, hoping he would find her but nothing. She didn't enter the great hall and glanced over to him, eventually, he would have run up to her and told her that he would still love her but no, he couldn't she didn't enter this hall. Not at breakfast and not at lunch.

After all, he bore up and walked fastly towards Hermione and Ginny, both had huge crying bags underneath their usually delighted eyes. 

"I know you guys absolutely hate me, but we both care about the same person!", he began.

"You bastard! You are the reason why...", Ginny screamed angrily at Draco, who seemed a bit offered but still clueless. 

"I don't", breath, "I don't understand. What am I the reason for?"

"You actually don't know? You, Draco Malfoy, don't know what happened this night", Hermione stepped in and shook her head, knowing that she could never have imagined what happened. "If you really love or loved Lydia I am sorry, but", she began to weep loudly. Ginny had to comfort her and hug her but she also started to cry, leaving Draco all by himself not knowing what was going on. Confused and hurt he headed back to the Slytherin table and wrapped his mind around all the option he thought were possible, but he didn't come to any conclusion. Finally, he asked his housemates what they would know, "How come you didn't know? That ugly bitch Gryffindor committed suicide. That's all I know"

Draco's world shattered into million pieces. The love of his life was dead and apparently he was the reason for it. Tears fell down his cheek, he couldn't stop it. He didn't care what the others would think. No, he really didn't! 

Banging on the mirror in the boy's bathroom, where he had spent most of the time crying, didn't help him. "I am the reason, I should have died not her!", he repeated internally and made himself crazy. Even crazier than his aunt, the craziest of them all. 

"If I haven't been, it all would have been better for her. The world would be fine!", he hit harder, making the mirror break into thousand little pieces. A black-clothed creature entered the bathroom and sneered bad things at him,  "Mister Malfoy, this was necessary! She has been distracting you, I was just helping."

"It was you! You killed her! You bastard", he screamed in pain of loss, "She was the only thing keeping me here, I don't care anymore if the dark lord wants to kill me, but before he does.."

He turned around and fired the first spell that came into his mind, he meant it and I would have worked, but Snape as a master in duelling just deflected the spell. "Do you really think a sixteen-year-old could win against me",  he flashed firing spells at Draco, "Do you really think the boy who lost against Mister Potter could defeat me?". There it was, the discrimination, the feeling Draco has felt way too often in his short life.

"Mister Malfoy, I need you to go to your dormitory right now, or else I won't wait and kill you!", Snape sneered on last time before he vanished behind the black wooden door. "I will kill this git", Draco breathed, "for Lydia". However, he went to his dormitory, knowing that Snape would keep his promise. 

It was hard for Draco to close his eyes and not to think about Lydia but at some time his eyes got so tired of crying that he fell asleep and dreamt of being happy. "I wish I wouldn't  have been such an asshole to her"...