School Sucks

Start from the beginning. My name is Terra Blake. I am alone. I'm no longer a ward of the state. They think I am Terra Carter. I am a werewolf.

I shoot out of bed, my heart pounding against my rib cage. My eyes scan the empty room searching for any immediate threat. The sun peeking through my bedroom curtain notifies me that it is morning. I don't even remember coming home from the hospital. A sharp ringing pierces through the morning silence. I clutch my head in pain, I completely forgot about the heightened senses. I bare my teeth as I resist the urge to find the source of the noise and destroy it.

The ringing finally stops when I hear someone pick the phone up, "Scott?" It's Stiles, his rough voice sounding from his room. It sounds like he just woke up.

"Ya, uh, Mr. Argent was wondering if, Terra wanted Allison's clothes." He pauses sucking in a deep breath before continuing, "Since she won't need it anymore."

"Uh, sure, my dad and I were going to get her some clothes later today but, if you think its ok...." I can literally feel the awkwardness being transferred between the phones. Whoever Allison is she must be a sensitive topic.

"I'm sure. It's time to move on. I'll be over soon." He hangs up after that. I hear Stiles let out a deep sigh before the soft swoosh of the blankets falling to the ground echoes in my ears. The now familiar creak of his door sounds as he pads to my room, most likely to wake me up.

By time he opens my door I am fully dressed and fixing the sheets on my bed. A loud thumping noise comes from the door frame and when I turn I see Stiles clutching the side of his head, "I didn't know you were awake..." He then points to the door frame, I'm guessing he hit his head.

For the first time in what feels like months I offer him a genuine smile before slipping on my signature leather jacket. Although it doesn't comfort me the way it used to, I can't bring myself not to wear it. Last night I tried rubbing it in the dirt for almost an hour to get the fire smell out of it. Nothing worked.

Stiles eyes nearly pop out of his head when he sees my smile. Under his breath I hear him whisper, "And she smiles," before a similar grin creeps onto his face. Seeing that I'm already ready to go Stiles juts his thumb back to his room, "I'm going to go get ready. Wait for me in the kitchen?" I nod in response before he leaves.

Although I had a rough awakening this morning, I actually feel really good. I feel....Alive. Something I haven't felt in many years. 

Outside I hear the low rumble of Scott's motorbike pull into Stiles' driveway. I wait for Scott in the living room. He appears with a large trash bag of clothes, the scent of the girl flooding my nose. A strange mixture of fancy, casual, and leather clothes litter my "room" when I empty the bag. Luckily most of it looks like it would fit me.

A black dress that stops just above the knees catches my eye. It reminds me of something I got a long time ago in the orphanage. A family who said they were going to adopt me got me a dress like this. They said it was a promise, a promise that they would come back and get me more dresses just like this. But they never came back. I hold the dress to my chest letting the euphoric feeling wash over me.

It was the happiest I had ever been in that god forsaken place. While they didn't come back no one had ever given me something like a dress while in the orphanage. Scott leaves as quickly as he arrives, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. I don't question it, instead I thank him for the gesture. I wiggle out of my now ripped and dirty skinny jeans and maroon tank top. Something I'm glad I can abandon now. I slip the dress over my slim body letting the material wash over me. I'm not ready to abandon my combat boots or my jacket, though. So I put those back on. I'm not sure how I look since there aren't any full length mirrors in the house, but I feel good. A little self conscious, but good none the less.