Safe Haven

My eyes slowly adjust to the dark room, a tiny sliver of sunlight peeking through the curtains. A small frown takes residence on my lips when I realize where I am. I'm still in Stiles' bed, and I'm still in Beacon. I'm about to get up and leave again when a figure abruptly shoots up from the ground, their hair sticking up in odd directions as he feigns karate moves.

A small laugh escapes my lips as I watch a groggy Stiles attempt to fight off a non-existent enemy. "Stiles!" I whisper-yell, trying to catch the boys attention before he hurts himself. "Stiles! It's just me- Terra."

Stiles quickly halts and his eyes frantically search the dark before landing on me. A relived smile appears on his face as he rushes to my side and envelops me in a side hug. "Oh thank god. I thought you left again," Stiles whispers, his voice barely audible.

"Stiles- you know I can't-" I'm cut short when Stiles yanks me from the bed, his sheets falling to the floor in a heap. He goes to rush out of the room, my wrist still in his grasp, but his feet get tangled in his discarded sheets causing him to falter slightly before falling completely. Before I have a chance to react I'm already landing harshly on Stiles, our chests pressed together.

A deep blush blooms on both of our faces as we quickly realize our predicament. With flustered actions we quickly scramble out of our positions only causing the blankets to wrap around us tighter. I let out a huff of frustration before stilling and allowing Stiles to scramble out of the position. Once free, Stiles helps me up. "Sorry- sorry- I just- I was-"

I cut him off quickly before he can embarrass himself any more than he already has, "It's ok, so where were you attempting to drag me off to?"

Red spreads over Stiles' face again as he recalls the 'blanket situation' before he clears his throat, "Righttttt- well come on." He throws an arm over his shoulder signaling downstairs.

I nod, I hesitate for a second almost expecting him to grab my hand again but when he doesn't I quietly follow him out of his room. My eyes wander around the empty house, nothing has changed since I left. I peak into my room for a second, noticing Allison's clothes hanging in the closet. Stiles notices where I'm looking and clears his throat softly, "We were hoping you would stay."

I'm about to respond but Stiles quickly clamps his hand over my mouth, "I know what you are going to say, and please just wait, wait until I show you this."

I quirk an eyebrow, my curiosity slightly peaked. Stiles hesitates removing his hand for a second, his eyes searching mine. I avert my gaze, knowing he won't find what he is looking for. Without another word he drags me out of the house, his large hand firmly wrapped around my own. My gaze lingers on the way his thumb slightly brushes against the top of my hand, the way his warmth radiates through me with just a simple touch.

Before I know it I'm in the passenger seat of Stiles' car, watching the trees zoom by. I silently curse to myself for allowing myself to get distracted by such a simple gesture. I can't get attached. It always ends badly.

"Where are we going?" I question, leaning against the cool surface of the window. Stiles takes his eyes off the road for a second, a small smile spreading on his lips. "What?"

"You'll like it, I swear." I nod, silently dreading what he was expecting from me. A few moments later Stiles pulls off to the side of the road, the wheels scrapping against the large rocks. He continues to drive a few meters until his car is completely hidden behind the tree line. "Come on we're here."

I hop out of the car, watching as Stiles eye's water slightly. "You ok?"

He nods, wiping under his eyes for a moment, "It's just- I haven't been here in a while."