Welcome to Beacon Hills

I hop off the bus and zip up my jacket, the harsh wind flowing around me. I stuff my hands in my pockets nervously, while the bus behind me drives off, disturbing a pile of leaves behind it.

Since I have nowhere to go I awkwardly stand at the bus stop, my eyes exploring my surroundings. I would totally sleep on the bench like a homeless person but I suddenly feel like something is pulling me towards the forest like the forest is calling to me. Maybe it's the fact that I feel safe in the forest, maybe safety is calling to me.

I head into the forest, I have no idea where I'm going but I know I want to get away from the road. After about twenty-five minutes of walking, I start to hear something so I duck behind a tree. It sounds like someone is crying. I cautiously make my way towards the sound, then all of a sudden I feel like someone smacks my face. My eyes start watering and I feel my throat begin to tighten as I quickly back away.

What the hell? I walk around the area until I see where the noise is coming from, staying a safe distance from the stench. A boy around my age is curled up into a ball by what looks like an animal den. He has brown hair that sticks up in odd directions and it sounds like he is the source of the crying. I slowly approach the boy trying not to scare him. As I get closer I quickly realize that his eyes are closed. He must have slept walked, but into the middle of the forest?

"I know you're there." The boy shouts causing me to jump back. There is no way he can see me because his eyes remain tightly closed, tears leaking from the corners as he withers in pain. He starts violently shaking and screaming at nothing in particular, a pretty intense nightmare I assume. Then he begins to calm down slightly and he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone. He seems pretty capable even in his sleep.

"Scott?" He stammers into the phone and quickly whispers more as I lean in closer trying to hear.

"Stiles? Why are you whispering?" The boy, who I'm assuming is Scott, on the phone asks.

"Because I think there is someone here with me." The boy named Stiles replies in a hushed tone before quickly hanging up the phone.

 Is he talking about me? Does he know I'm here? I quickly decide to move away from the boy so I don't frighten him further. I find a nearby tree, climb a few feet upwards and search for a gathering of branches to get myself situated. I can still see 'Stiles' from where I am sitting but I can't hear what he's saying. His mouth keeps moving so I assume he's still talking in his sleep, to me or himself, I can't tell. But one thing I do know is that whatever is happening, it is only the beginning for me.

I slip in and out of consciousness, waking up every now and then by Stiles' screams. I don't know why I stay but I know I can't just leave him here. Especially now, it's freezing and there has been no sign of the kid that Stiles called. Suddenly I hear shouts, it sounds like a man and a woman shouting Stiles' name. Then the people burst through the brush and run to Stiles. A man dressed in a suit is accompanied by a woman clad in hospital gear.

 I conceal myself as best as I can behind the naked branches. As long as they don't look up I should be fine. I look back down at where Stiles is being shaken awake his screams filling the air as he slowly comes to.

When he finally wakes up I feel relieved that at least someone found him. Looking at the man and woman I guess he is a policeman and she is a nurse of some sort. Stiles looks around frantically and suddenly looks up. He looks directly at me and his facial expression changes from frantic and scared to confused. His light brown eyes scanning over my body as he slowly rises from the ground, his eyes never leaving me. I quickly move around the tree using the trunk as a barrier.

I peek around the tree to see Stiles being dragged away from the den but he keeps glancing over his shoulder in my direction with that same confused look on his face.

It's still pretty dark out so I'm sure that he couldn't see much of me. Probably just the outline of my body and possibly my eyes. The eyes are always one thing that people can see in the dark. 

After I'm sure they are gone I head towards the direction where I heard their car start. By the time I get there, the car is gone but they left tire indents in the leaves and I follow the tracks until I come to the edge of the forest. I stop by the tree line when I spot the police station, I inwardly curse at the amount of police swarming around the building. Then I see Stiles, who is now wrapped in a blanket, being led inside the building and I sigh with relief. One more thing off my chest. I head back into the forest to search for a place to sleep. I find a nice tree and decide that I would rather sleep in the trees than on the ground where all the animals are.

"Welcome to Beacon Hills," I say to myself as I wrap my jacket tighter around my body, my mind still swimming with Stiles screams.

A/N: So guys...I changed the title of the book to Desolate. I just wasn't feeling Runaway Wolf and it was just a really simple title. And I think Desolate adds more character and gives you a little peak to what Terra feels like. Hope you guys like the new title. And this chapter was edited by the lovely @simply_savi  (re-edited 3/1/15 by me) 

edited again 8/17/16