Mysterious Skills

My hair falls over my eyes, the wind whipping it around. I stare ahead, scared at what I am about to find out. What if he has all the answers, or worse, what if he has no idea? My worn combat boots carry me across the parking lot, pausing at the entrance, where a closed sign lays dormant.

Although it says closed the light in the back shines brightly, the sound of medical supplies clanking amplified due to my abilities. I hesitantly push the door open, the welcome bell making me flinch slightly.

"We're closed." A voice barks from the back.

I ignore him, knowing that Scott and Stiles were just here not too long ago. I made sure to wait at least ten minutes after they left before even emerging from the woods. I push through the wooded gate, a sudden chill running down my bare arms, before I proceed to the back room.

The tan man by the metal table looks up, extremely startled, "How- how did you get in here?"

I look around the small room, most of it seems usual for a vet to have, but the stray containers on the metal table with strange markings tells a different story, "Um, sorry." I hesitate, pointing behind me, "The door was open and Stiles said you knew a lot about- well- us."

"Yes, Stiles and Scott told me about you. But- how did you get through the gate?"

"What do you mean? I just pushed it open." I suddenly feel weird, like I wasn't natural. By the look of the bald man's expression something was wrong with the simple task I just did.

"That gate was made of mountain ash."

"And....?"

"And, mountain ash prevents supernatural creatures from passing it. You shouldn't have been able to do that."

I groan, "Just great, add that to the list of things I need to ask you."

"Ah, yes, Terra, why did you come to see me?"

"Uh, well I keep getting drawn, it's like this feeling, and it's just so intense, and it keeps leading me into the woods. And I've only been able to find it once, and all it was, was a stupid tree stump!"

"A tree stump?"

"Yeah, why? Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Deaton, nods slowly, his heart beat picking up in speed slightly, "That tree stump, is the Nemeton."

"The-what now?"

"The Nemeton is sort of like a power house for Beacon Hills. Last year some events had happened that triggered those powers again causing the Nemeton to become a beacon. Attracting other supernatural creatures to our area."

"But- I didn't even know about all this werewolf stuff until Scott bit me." I slowly begin backing towards the exit, not liking what I was hearing. If what he was saying was right, then that means that I was something else before I was bit.

But that's not possible. Right?

Maybe it has something to do with my birth parents.

"That's the thing- "Deaton cut off my inner monologue, "A different part of you called you to Beacon Hills."

I spin on my heel, running out the door, not wanting to hear anything else he has to say. I wanted answers but I didn't think this is what it would be.

There's no way that I could be something else. Is it even possible to be more than one supernatural creature at once? Deaton's words still rang in my ears as I quickly walk down the sidewalk. Even with my advanced hearing I could still hear him talking to himself about me.

He was trying to figure out what I was, and I don't think I want to know what I am anymore.

I run down the street, my combat boots slapping roughly against the concrete. If Deaton had all the answers why didn't he have one for me?

I continue running until I find myself in the forest again. The trees completely silent as if they were anxiously awaiting the moment I was going to break down. I was about to shout at the trees when a rustling from behind me makes me jump.

Flicking out my claws I await the new comer. "You know you don't have to bring those out every time you hear something." Isaac smiles, side stepping around a bush.

"Sorry." I mumble, retracting my claws, before brushing a stray hair behind my ears.

"So.... What's wrong?"

I falter, "What do you mean?"

"Well it's kinda hard to ignore a girl running down the street when she looks like she's having a panic attack." I laugh slightly, if only he knew. I plop down to the ground, a puff of dirt spreading around me. Isaac follows suit and sits next to me. "So what happened?"

"Tried to get some answers, and only ended up with more questions." I grumble.

"You wanna tell me about it?"

I scoff, "And have you tell Scott and Stiles? No thanks."

"Well, I mean how can I from France?"

I whip my head around to look at him, "France? You're leaving?"

He nods, his smile, fading to a frown, "Chris and I, we are leaving today. Beacon just has too much history for both of us."

I don't say anything. I know exactly how he feels. Hell, I just ran from Oregon because of what just happened. With all this werewolf stuff and people coming back to life, who knows what he went through.

We sit in silence for a while before Isaac checks his watch. "My flight is leaving soon. Chris wanted to meet before heading to the airport."

I watch from my place on the ground as he stands up and extends an arm to me to help me up. I accept his offer suddenly realizing that I was actually going to miss him. I barely knew him but I could connect with him in so many ways. He actually understands what is going on in my head in some messed up way. It makes me wonder what terrible thing happened to him to make him think like me.

I'm taken aback when Isaac wraps his arms around me, pulling me in for a tight hug. I hesitantly wrap my arms around his middle, hugging him back softly. "If you ever need someone to talk to, just call. I promise I won't tell Scott or Stiles." He whispers to me, his lips brushing against my ear slightly.

He pulls away, holding me out at arms distance. He nods with a sad smile on his face, before leaning forward and gently kissing the top of my head before running back the way he came.

I stand frozen in place my hand on my forehead where his lips once were.

 ♋

A/N: So Terra isn't affected by mountain ash! Oh geez god- what next. And the Terra x Isaac feels. I had to send him to France if I was going to incorpurate parts of season 4. Don't worry though I have a plan for Isaac in the future. And SPOILER ALERT: characters from previous seasons will be returning later, but not the way you may think. ;) (re-edited 3/7/15)

edited again 9/5/16