Connections

The full moon is the first thing I wake too. I am slightly aware that I am on my back on a hard surface, my arms, and legs stretched out and secured down. 

Twisting my head as much as I can, I observe my surroundings through bleary eyes. Trees surround me from all sides but clear out the closer they come towards where I am in a circle. So, all I can deduce is that I am in the forest...as usual. 

"Oh, you're finally awake. Good." A face appears above me, the same man who was in the middle of the road and in my dream. 

"Who- who are you?"

"Right. I forgot you have no idea what's going on." He brushes his bangs back, still hovering over me. "I'm Seth. Your cousin." 

"Cousin?"

"Well, yeah. I wouldn't be doing this if we weren't related." 

I shake my head, trying to understand through the fuzziness of just waking up from being knocked out, "But I-"

"But I'm an orphan?" He mocks, pouting his lip. "Yeah- not really. I mean, your parents are dead but you've got a ton of famiy. We just couldn't accept you if everything was going to work out." 

Tears brim my eyes. Nobody wanted me? I have a lot of family and none of them wanted me? But why? Why?

"You have no idea how many things had to fit in place for this all to work out!" Seth laughs. "I hoped for the best when we killed your parents but then you left the hospital for the nemeton and everything was set in place. We had to steer you in the right direction a few times but Lukas helped a lot. Scott... he was an unknown variable. We needed a true alpha but do you know how rare those are! You, Terra Blake, are a very lucky young girl!" 

My mind swirls at the information dump. His words passing through me at lightning speed. Each piece of new information breaking me down further and further. 

"Everything... my whole life... was planned?"

Seth frowns, eyes growing dark as he pulls something out of his back pocket. The knife glints in the moonlight, the sharp edge drawing close to my face. 

"I just told you that didn't I?" 

"But why?!" I cry out. 

He smacks me with the handle of the blade, my head jerking to the side. "You really know nothing do you. Didn't you question why your eyes turned red without you killing an alpha! It's because you are a descendant of the orginal werewolf. Your family is the descendant of the original werewolf but we were cursed to never achieve our power so we had to go through all of this! 

Your connection to the nemeton, being turned my a true alpha, slowly giving more and more of your power to reactivate the nemeton's power and it all leads up to now, under this full moon. The final sacrifice that will give us all of our power back. Thousands of alpha werewolves around the world turned tonight all because of you." 

He holds the blade up high into the air. "Thank you for your sacrifice cousin! Goodbye." 

.

.

not edited