Unlisted

"What is this?"

"It's a list of all the supernatural creatures in Beacon hills. It's a dead pool."

"So the Walcotts were the first, at least the first we know about." Stiles mumbles, ripping off pieces of red tape and connecting it to pictures on his new case board.

I watch from his bed, my legs crossed underneath me. My head still pounds from the night before, the power still rushing through my veins.

"Four murders. Shawn, his brother, and his parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called the Mute. Weapon of choice? A military tomahawk. But then the Mute was killed by Peter Hale when he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine. Next was Demarco; he delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house and got decapitated outside of Lydia's car. And then last night? Twenty-three year old Carrie Houston." Stiles then tapes up the dead pool, using a red pen to cross names off. He takes a step back, his fingers tapping on is chin.

"Everyone's on the list?" I ask.

"It's only 1/3 of the list."

"Do you think I'm on it?"

Stiles falls onto the edge on his bed, sitting with his elbows propped up on his knees, "I don't know. I really don't know."

Hesitantly I place a hand on Stiles' shoulder, my fingers tightening around his shoulder blade, "You don't have to figure this out alone. I can help Stiles."

"I know." He smiles gently, placing a hand over my own.

Turning back to the case board, my eyes wander past it to where my clues are set up on the wall still. "Can you tell me what happened last night again?"

"All of it?"

"Just what Lukas said." I clench my teeth involuntarily, my grip tightening on Stiles' shoulder.

"He told us that you couldn't control yourself because you had too much power. He said it had something to do with your connection to the nemeton and I guess you have to share your energy with it in order to live."

I shake my head, "How does he know all of this? Deaton didn't even know."

"I don't know. But we'll figure it out. Together."

"Right. Umm... did he say anything about the color of my eyes?"

Now Stiles shakes his head, his lips pursing slightly, "No."

"Stiles, I don't want to meet him again! It's already weird enough."

"Hey- just because his family was supposed to take custody of you doesn't make things weird." Stiles shrugs, pushing me ahead of him.

I spin around, my eyes flaring for a moment, "Stiles! That's the definition of awkward in my books!"

"Okay- alright- it's weird but you guys need to talk, Scott is having him talk to Liam and you."

"Ugh."

"Yeah ugh is right." Stiles grumbles, pushing me into an empty classroom and closing the door behind him. I stalk over to a nearby desk, sitting on the edge of the table and crossing my arms over my chest. After checking through the door window Stiles turns around, his eyebrows drooping. "Oh come on- don't pout! That's not fair."

"What's not fair is making me go to school and meet with someone who literally ditched me."

"Sorry-" He pauses, shaking his hand side to side, "Actually not really. Just stay here okay? Scott and I have class and you have a free period. Just talk to him?"