☀︎︎Five☀︎︎

Protective Services 

JJ passes out the files.

"Hey JJ call Hotch, i know its his weekend off, But he might want to hear this."

I say as i start to look through the file. I finish the file before anyone else, even before Spencer.

"Gracie can you brief us when Hotch gets here?" Gideon says looking up from his file. "Hell yeah-'' Spencer lodges his elbow into my arm "Ow what the- Oh. Sorry for my language, and yes sir i will."

I sit back and i dont say another word until Hotch arrives.

Hotch comes in and takes a seat.

"What i miss?" he says, I pick up the file and walk over to the drawing board. I clear my voice up before speaking.

"Allende Del Sol, Mexico, Population 20,000. The victim is Lupe Trejo, age 62. She was found in her home, Stabbed in the face, chest and genitals."

I flip over the page. "The papers in Mexico connected her murder to 11 others in the past two years, the thing is there all elderly women. They have been saying its the work of a serial killer."

I close the file and throw it to the side. "The mexican government disagrees." Gideon adds.

Hotch holds up one of the pictures from the file. "What kind of city are we dealing with?" I go to look over my file but before i can.

"Its half factory, Half tourist town, The factor makes the Tchochkes and clothes the tourists buy. And even though the murders have happened in the poor neighborhoods where the locals live-"

Hotch cuts off JJ, "Serial killers make lousy tourist attractions."

A silence falls upon the room. "I mean he has a point." I say. Everyone looks up at me like i killed someone. I just awkwardly walk back to my seat.

"So if the government denies that this is a serial killer , why'd they call us?" Elle points out.

"They have a suspect in custody, The victims son. Were the serial killer experts apparently so they want us to comedown there and confirm."

I say just making an educated guess. Which everyone seemed to agree with. "So were going all the way down there just to prove they dont have a serial killer in there hands?"

Morgan asks staring me down from the other side of the table.

I look up from my file.

"Well thats what it looks like to me. Guess we better get going then." I get up from the table and walk out the door while they remain at the table.

"Well dont look at me follow her!" I hear Gideon say to the group.  A stupid little smile spreads across my face.

I grab my jacket, Keys and sunglasses, from my desk, then i pat my belt feeling for my gun, Which it there. I put my foot on chair and roll up my pant leg to make sure my second gun is there. Which it is. I got that from Hotch, its kinda his thing passed down to me.

I roll down my pant leg and walk my way to the parking lot to wait for everyone else.

Once everyone is there, We start to walk to the car when i all the sudden remember.

"Oh shit i left my badge hold on ill be quick." I say turning back around to the building. I feel something hit me from the back. "Ow!" I turn around to see Derek laughing, i look down and theres my badge. "Yeah haha very funny laugh it up Derek."

I pick up my badge and walk back to the car. As always i sit between Derek and Spencer in the back. We go on our way to the airport and my phone buzzes. Its from an unknown number. It states. "I know where you are gracie and i will not hesitate to kill anyone who gets in the way of me having you again. Once i get out of the loony bin, trust me it will only be a matter of time. You cant run from me forever."

Morgan takes the phone out of my hand. He reads over the message and looks at me concerned. "Gracie you realize thats a threat-"

"Save it for when we get on the jet. Please."

I cut him off. "What is it?" Spencer pitches in. Morgan hands the phone over to him. He looks up from the phone then to me. "We need to get you into protective-"

I quickly cover his mouth before Hotch hears anything.

The Jet

I go to the back of the jet as normal, Followed by Spencer and Morgan.

"Alright so tell me about this guy, where did you meet him, what prison hes at, we both need to know every thing that you know."

Morgan says. He grabs my hand.

"Take your time we just need to know. So we can figure out how the hell he knows where you are and how hes contacting you in the first place."

I just stare out the window in my own silent pain. "Jackson Morris. Hes 27 now, and hes in Virgina state prison. I met him in profiling class. He was in the military, and he started abusing me around 3 months into the relationship. He left me with a broken wrist and a fractured skull."

I finally look up to them both. I tear falls from my face, yet i have no emotion.

"And i think he was on drugs the whole time. I think it was acid. My dad was a drug user, he used acid, and oxy."

"So your saying you think its not his fault but the drugs."

Spencer guesses. "No thats not what i said, hes psychotic, He was a murderer. Thats the only reason he landed with so much time in prison is because he killed one of my friends, and attempted to kill my other friend."

Spencer and Morgan look at eachother for a second. "Were going to have to take you into protective services till we can figure out how he knows all that he knows. This could be in affect for atleast a year." Spencer says.

"Are you being serious?" I Look at them both but there seriousness scares me. "Im gonna go tell Hotch, Give me your phone."

He puts his hand across the table. "No we are not telling Hotch." Before i can do anything else he grabs the phone from my hand and is heading over to Hotch. I go to get up to stop him, but Spencer grabs my hand. "

Spencer i swear to god-" He looks at me so serious. "Sit down. your only drawing more attention to yourself."

I look up and see every single person on the jet is looking at me. I sit back down. "Your right."

Hotch gets up from his seat and comes to the back along with Morgan. "When did these messages start?"

"Just today."

"Ok when we get back we will pay him a visit. But till we can figure out everything your on protective services."

He gets up and before he leaves he says. "Reid dont let her out of your sight till i give you the ok." Spence just nods.

"Well looks like im stuck with you for the remaining of the year."

Spencer pulls a book from his bag. "I dont see anything wrong with that."

he says under his breath. "What?" I say even though i know exactly what he said. "oh nothing." I just sit there with a smile for a while before that fades away. I put my sunglasses on and i take a nap for the remainder of the ride there.