Mistaken

POSSIBLE TW?

I gave the CIA agent all the information she needed, she told me to go back home and do not come out till we find him. I thought this was just ridiculous but JJ practically dragged me to a jet.

She stayed on the jet, and told me to go straight home. So I did.

With tears staining my face, my hands rattled trying to get the key in the door.

I slammed the front door and dropped everything on the floor.

There was petals leading to the room. I wiped the tears off my face and followed them slowly into the bedroom.

I stopped at the door frame. I already knew what was behind the door.... I entered the room to a heart of petals on the bed, with a box in the middle.

My hand covered my face, I tried to conceal my screams.

He was going to propose and now I don't even know is he's still alive. I mean I didn't even want to look at the ring, it would only worsen the thoughts in my head.

I sat on the edge of the bed for hours, contemplating what the hell im going to do. He was going to propose. And now?

He's missing.

Hours later I was looking through everything. Just looking for a clue a... something. Anything.

I came across a drawer under the bed on his side. I hesitated. I decided to leave it alone, it's probably nothing. So I grabbed the ring box on the bed and opened it slightly.

The diamond dazzled in the light. The sight of the ring just sent me into spiral.

I ran around the house like a crazy person, looking for my phone. Tears trembled down my face. I found the it in the kitchen.

My phone vibrated over and over. I wish he would pickup for once.

"Grace you I know I'm busy-"

"Spencer is missing...he...he was going to.." I tried to get out. He stayed silent.

"He was going to what?"

"....propose." I choked on my tears, I sat on the kitchen floor holding my knees to my chest. Everything in my body shivered in fear.

He didn't speak. I wiped my tear stained face with my sleeve.

"The team sent me home-" I tried to go on about but the tears got the best of me.

"I'm on my way, I'll have Hotch send me the files."

"Rossi, no-"

"I'll handle it." And then he hung up the phone just like that.

I held the phone in my hand for only a moment before throwing it across the kitchen, it shattered on the wall and fell to the ground.

My hands were shaking and my body felt weak and fragile.

And all I could think about out of all things was that damn box under the bed. My curiosity got the best of me and I found myself pulling the box out again. Hesitating to open it.

So I did.

I found hundreds of letters addressed to him from:

Maeve.

Love letters. Love confessions. Love?

"I love you, Spencer."
"What about your girlfriend? I thought you were going to end things with her?"
"You want to marry me? I would love to be Mrs. Reid soon."
"Okay I'll be over to your house in a week, I love you."

I had to read them over and over, but those sentences stuck with me, they replayed over and over again like a never ending horror.

My sadness was now utter rage and betrayal. Suddenly I was glad he was missing, but then I herd a knock on the door.

I had a gut feeling it was her. I checked the date on the letter, one week ago.

I didn't know what I was doing, everything was such a blur, I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and headed towards the distant knocking.

Slowly I opened the door holding the knife behind my back.

The girl had a smile on her face that slowly faded, as if she was expecting someone else.

"Oh I'm sorry- I just have the wrong apartment." She turned and tried to leave.

"Oh no, please come in. I was just getting some of my stuff." I said with a smile opening the door to let her in.

A stupid smile spread across her face. As she walked inside.

She saw the petals and started following them. I shut the door behind me and let her think she was getting what she wanted.

She went into the room and gasped. I slowly followed her.

I came up behind her while she was holding the ring, and I relentlessly shoved the knife into her back, her body trembled fell to the ground as well as the ring that was still in her grip.

She looked at me in fear.

I bent down to her and pulled the knife from her body, slowly.

"Hurts, dosent it?" I sneered. Her eyes fluttered into nothingness. I watched as the life faded from her eyes.

Poor Maeve.

She came here expecting Spencer?

Oh...

Well she was mistaken.